- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Short. Oneshot. No spoilers.

Author's Chapter Notes:

This is just a short little thing that was dancing around in my head for a while. It practically demanded I write it, so here you are! Enjoy and please review.

Disclaimer: They still aren't mine. I'm beginning to lose hope they ever will be.

He sighs, thinking he could watch her forever. He thinks he would watch her forever, if she’d let him.

The light dances off of her hair, highlighting the blond and red tones that mingle with her curls. It bounces off of the necklace that always rests at her throat and is currently entwined in her fingers. It emanates from her eyes, which reflect a radiant glow whenever they fall in his direction and pierce his own.

Her cheeks are rosy with the effort of restraining a laugh. His latest prank on Dwight is a good one and he knows that she knows laughing will make all of their preparation useless.

He takes in the soft curve of her jaw, the slender throat that disappears beneath blue sweater that brings out the color in her eyes.

Her eyes meet his across the room, twinkling with mischief and delight. His heart swells as a her grin widens and her eyes become slightly more serious, telling him what he knows yet still loves to hear.

She’s his.

She’s loves him.

He makes her happy.

Sometimes he can’t believe his luck. Sure, it took them years to get together. Sure, some of the worst feelings he’s ever experienced are a direct result of her actions and words.

But so are some of the best. He knows now, as he did then, that’s she’s worth it. All of it. The pain, the uncertainty, the anger. He could endure it for no one but her.

He sighs contentedly and looks down, knowing there is no one else out there for him. This is it. He’s done.

His gazes falls on her again.

He watches as she answers the phone, his heart warming as he hears the familiar words.

He could watch her forever, if only she‘d let him.

He thinks of the small, velvet box tucked safely in the top drawer of his dresser at home.

He smiles. He thinks she might.



Smurfette729 is the author of 14 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Only Her also liked 1778 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans