- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Well, nothing of value, and I have debt, so it would be worthless to come after me. I'm not stealing anything, I swear. I do not own The Office or it's characters but I wish I did :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don't own anything. Well, nothing of value, and I have debt, so it would be worthless to come after me. I'm not stealing anything, I swear. I do not own The Office or it's characters but I wish I did :)

Just some Jim/Pam fluff set sometime in a happy future!

 

 

Pam flopped on the couch with an exasperated sigh while Jim finished picking up random crayons and pieces of brightly colored paper that littered the coffee table and floor.

“Wow. Who knew a 7 year old could be so exhausting.” Pam wondered out loud. She stretched out on the couch and became lost in thought as she stared up at the ceiling.

Her eyes started to drift closed as she heard Jim’s voice float in from the kitchen. “I know. If you could bottle her energy and sell it you could make millions.”

Jim wandered into the family room and gazed down at his sleepy wife. His eye caught a hint of something shiny from under the coffee table. As he reached to retrieve it he realized what it was.

Pam turned her head to see what Jim had in his hands. “Oh, what a bummer. Sasha left her magic eight ball here. That was one of her favorite Christmas presents.”

“That’s okay. We can bring it to Toby on Monday.” Jim started to walk away to put the toy on the hall bench next to his messenger bag but he felt Pam’s delicate fingers grasp his wrist.

“Hey.” She whispered with a gleam in her eye, “Let’s ask it a few questions.”

“Such a child, Beesley.” He motioned for her to move over and give him some room on the couch and he settled in beside her, pulling her feet into his lap. He couldn’t resist her bright smile. “Okay. What should we start with? Winning lottery numbers? The secret to the Schrute family recipe for beet salad?”

Pam quickly snatched it out of Jim’s hand and began shaking it. “No, silly. You ask it yes or no questions. Besides, everyone knows that beets are the secret ingredient.”

“Oh right sorry. Okay. Well first we should probably ask a control question. You know, to make sure this is all on the up and up.”

“Oh right good idea. Ummmm….okay I got it.”

“Shoot.”

“Magic eight ball, is this the year 2009?”

Jim nodded in approval and watched with an amused expression while Pam vigorously shook the 8 ball. She stopped shaking and flashed Jim a grin while they both leaned in to peek at the answer floating in the dark window.

“All signs point to yes. Well that settles it. The magic eight ball knows all.” Jim teased. He playfully grabbed the ball from her. “Now what?”

“Okay, um. Will the Phillies have a good season this year?”

Jim rolled his eyes and halfheartedly shook the ball. He squinted his eyes a little to read the answer. “My sources say no.” Jim tossed his hands up in defeat. “Well it’s good to know that now so I don’t get my hopes up when spring training starts in a few months.”

Pam smiled nervously as an idea came to her. She reached out for the eight ball. “I have a question. Are you ready?”

“Sure.” Jim smiled and handed the round black ball to Pam. “It’s all yours.”

It felt heavy in her hands. A wave of nervous excitement swept over her as she struggled to get her question out.

“Will we be having a baby sometime this year?” Pam quickly asked the question and shook the ball furiously while she closed her eyes. She didn’t see the mix of confusion and hope that washed over Jim’s face.

She slowly opened her eyes as she peered down at the ball that rested in her hands. She read the answer to her question quietly. “It is decidedly so.”

She lifted her eyes to meet his. He looked blurry from the tears that were threatening her vision but she could see the look in his eyes and it made her think back to that morning.

She sat on her bed and waited as the three minutes ticked by on the clock. When the time was up she walked into the bathroom and picked up the stick that lay on the counter. She looked at the two pink lines in the small window and smiled. She was going to be a mother. She lifted her head and looked up to see herself smiling in the mirror. She was going to be a mother.

She saw the same look in her husband’s eyes right now. They were full of excitement, promise, and hope. Full of love and amazement and happiness.

It took him a minute to open his mouth and speak. When he did speak it came out in a low, raspy voice. “Pam, are you? Are you trying to tell me-?”

“We’re having a baby!” She gleefully interrupted. She couldn’t hold in it for another second. “I took a test, this morning, and we’re having a baby. I was going to wait to tell you and try to think of something clever but I was watching you with Sasha tonight and I knew what a wonderful daddy you were going to be and I just couldn’t wait to tell you anymore.”

His face lit up and he moved forward to pull her to him. He wrapped his arms around her and she moved onto his lap, wrapping her arms around his neck and resting her head on his shoulder. He rained kisses down on her forehead, her eyes, and the soft spot just behind her ear. He clung to her. He closed his eyes and felt the warmth that was her surround him. He felt the sting of tears in his eyes and the lump in his throat. He was speechless.

She smiled up at him expectantly. “Are you happy?”

He smiled back and ran his hand down her cheek to cup her chin. He lifted her chin up and pressed a gentle kiss to her lips. When they pulled apart his eyes drifted down once more to look at her. His smile held a promise. A promise of love for what they had, and excitement for all that was to come. He had to clear his throat in an effort to get his voice back.

“Yes.” He answered simply. He sighed and tightened his grip around her. “All signs point to yes.”

Chapter End Notes:

 

In case you didn't grow up in the 80's or for some reason you don't know what a Magic 8 Ball is - well you can see it here:

http://www.amazon.com/Mattel-30188-Magic-8-Ball/dp/B00001ZWV7


Thanks for reading! Reviews make my day!



kells8995 is the author of 17 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Magic 8 Ball also liked 2533 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans