- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The song featured in this story is "The Way I Are" by Timbaland. I do not own it.

So, this scene popped into my head after having this song stuck in it for about two days straight (after hearing it in way too many public places). I needed a pick-me-up, so it's entirely fluffy. I hope you like it!

 

 

 

“Jim. What is this?”

 

“What is what?”

 

“’The Way I Are’?” She’s holding his ipod and gazing at him. Her look projects skepticism.

 

“Pam! I never pegged you for a grammar nazi!” He abandons his sprawl on the couch, swinging his feet to the floor. He hops up to join her, hitting play on his ipod.

 

“C’mon Pam, expand your horizons.” He begins to sing along. “Pam! You’re missing your part!” He sings it for her in a falsetto. “Baby if you strip, you can get a tip ‘cause I like you just the way you are.”

 

He sways back and forth and reaches for his tie. He sings his own line. “I’m about to strip and I’m well equipped, can you handle me the way I’m are?”

 

Her jaw drops. “Jim. No. Do NOT make me associate you, naked, with this song.”

 

He’s unknotted his tie. He grabs an end in each hand and loops it around the back of her neck, pulling her closer and kissing her with a loud smack. Next, he swings the tie in the air a few times before letting it go. It sails across the room, landing on one of her easels.

 

He reaches for his belt. She lunges for him, grabbing his hands and prying them away from his belt buckle. “No! Don’t do it!” He’s determined, though, and has some sweet basketball moves. He spins around, back to her. She tries to reach around him, pulling on his arm, but it’s too late.

 

He turns back to face her, holding his belt up triumphantly. “I ain't got a motorboat, but I can float your boat.”

 

“That’s just… I don’t even want to know why you know all the lyrics to this song.”

 

He executes some… move… involving the belt between his legs and… gyrations.

 

Her eyes widen in horror. “Oh my god. Jim. Do you know what you’ve done? I can never sleep with you again. I hope you’re happy.”

 

His eyes light up at the challenge. “Oh really?” He pulls her into his arms and dips her in dramatic fashion. He kisses her, long and slow, gradually pulling her upright again. When her giggles finally cease and she sinks into him, twining her fingers in his hair, he raises one fist in silent victory.

 

***

 

It isn’t until the next morning, when his phone rings as most of the office is gathered around his desk, that he realizes she’s changed his ringtone. Michael compliments him on his taste in music.

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

I know, I know, completely ridiculous, but I love the mental image. I'm thinking about branching out from the oneshot thing and adding chapters, but I'm not sure yet.

Here's where I beg shamelessly. I'm having a rotten week, so take pity on me and review?? It will brighten up what promises to be a decidedly un-awesome day.



thirtypercent is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Silent Victory also liked 1631 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans