- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

 

Disclaimer: I own nothing that's already owned by NBC or "The Office". 

This may be a series of vignettes. I don't have any concrete ideas for additional chapters, but I'm sure I could come up with some. The image of them being all close and sweet with each other is what inspired this chatper.

5:07 PM:

Everyone besides Jim and Pam had gathered their things and shuffled out of the office by 5:03. Jim really wished his computer hadn't crashed in the middle of the sale he'd just been closing. He only had to finish one little thing, but he was antsy to just get out of there and spend some time alone with Pam.

He and Pam had been together for a couple of months, but they tried not to be too obvious about their relationship at work. They were sure everyone knew about it, but they wanted to draw as little attention to it as possible, being aware of the kinds of comments their coworkers were capable of. So by the end of each day, Jim just couldn't wait to be alone with Pam, to be able to touch her and kiss her without wondering who might be watching.

They'd gotten some time alone at lunch, like they do every day, taking their lunches to the park and picnicking in the sun, lazing in the grass together, and sharing almost enough kisses to hold them over until the evening. But as usual, the next four hours after lunch were spent calculating just how much physical contact they could get away with for the rest of the day without Michael announcing "PDA!" from his office.

 

"Hey, are you almost ready yet?" Pam asked, coming up beside him at his desk; the impatient expression she wore- eyebrows knit, mouth pouting- made her even more irresistible.

Jim looked around quickly to make sure the office was empty, and then he swivelled his chair towards her and smiled. "C'mere," he murmured before wrapping an arm around her waist and pulling her sideways into his lap. She giggled softly and leaned her forehead against his, one hand resting on the back of his neck, the other on his stomach. Her eyes fluttered closed, and she breathed him in.

"Missed you," she said before opening her eyes and meeting his.

"Mmm," Jim responded in agreement, tilting his head to gently press his lips to hers a few times.

"Oops, um, sorry, guys."

They looked up and saw a blushing Toby sneaking by.

Pam felt heat creeping up her face, and extricated herself from Jim's grasp. "No, yeah, it's okay. We were just--" she pointed to the door.

"Yeah," Jim cleared his throat. "We were just leaving," he said, turning back to his monitor to save his work. "We didn't know anyone else was still here."

"No, it's fine," Toby said, opening the door. "Sorry about that. See you guys tomorrow."

"Okay," they both said in unison, and as soon as the door closed behind Toby, they dissolved into giggles.

"Come on, let's get out of here," Jim said standing and grabbing hold of Pam's hand.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans