- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Pam compliments Jim using 10 different phrases.  Short vignettes (sp?).  Just fluff.  No angst.

Oh, here's the article.  Not doing them in order, by the way.

Author's Chapter Notes:

Jim and Pam have a conversation on their Fun Run walk.

"Oh, we're in last place," Pam chided.

"Oh, look at that," Jim replied.

"Darn."  Pam smiled as Jim took a hold of her hand.

"So does this mean since we're exercising now that we don't have to go to the gym tonight?"

Pam rolled her eyes.  "Quit complaining.  You like it.  You just don't know it yet."

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah," she insisted.  "Besides, I thought you really got into biking when you were in Stamford."

Jim sighed.  He hated to think about Stamford.  "Yeah, but... that was Stamford."  He paused to look at her sideways.  "And that was actual biking.  All they have at the gym is... spinning."

"Spinning is more of a workout than you think, Jim."

"Oh, is that so?" he challenged.

Pam nodded confidently.  "Yup."

"I still think that gym you go to needs a basketball court--or some kind of sport.  Anything, really.  I'd even take up tennis if they had it.  I just can't stay in one place and do the same repetitive thing for a full hour."

"That's why you crosstrain, Jim," Pam replied casually, swinging their arms as they walked.  "Do twenty minutes of cardio, five minutes of strength training, and then go back to cardio."

"Well, I've been doing the strength stuff.  But those machines are so complicated."

"Are these excuses ever going to end?" Pam teased.

"Nope."

"Well, at least you're honest," she conceded.  "But I will say I've seen a difference since you started working out with me."

"Yeah?"

"Yeah," she answered.  "I think your arms are more defined.  Maybe even a little bigger."

Jim smiled and glanced at his girlfriend.  "Nice try, Beesly, but I'm still not fully convinced on the gym thing.  I think I'll stick to pick-up games with Mark."

Pam rolled her eyes.  "Fine."

"Ooh!  An estate sale!" Jim exclaimed, and Pam couldn't help but chuckle at his change of subject.  "Wanna go in?"

"I don't know.  I'm really committed to winning," she teased.

"Ok, but what if I told you all the money you spend here, goes to preventing a disease that's already been cured?" he retorted in like manner.

"Mmm,  yes!" she said, agreeing to the brilliant idea.

"That's what I thought."

"Yeah."

"Let's do some good."

Chapter End Notes:
Let me know what you think!  Comments are ALWAYS welcome!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans