- Text Size +
Story Notes:
No copyright infridgement intended. Everything vaguely referring to or referencing The Office does not belong to me - I just wanted to take them out for a day trip.

Author's Chapter Notes:
No copyright infridgement intended. Everything vaguely referring to or referencing The Office does not belong to me - I just wanted to take them out for a day trip.

Pam's eyes were twinkling. "Are you sure you're ready?"

 

Jim sighed and opened up his laptop, his position now a mirror image of Pam's at the other end of the table.

 

"Let's do it." He gave her a patented Halpert smirk as he waited for the IRC connection. "Are you already in there?"

 

The sound of Pam's quick typing was her first reply. "Yeah," she nodded. "Give me a minute to set you up."

 

"Oh, I'm sure you will," he replied. "Hey, just try to remember that you love me. You don't want to see me killed."


She looked up. "You'll do fine," she winked.


"Said the lion to the Christian," he muttered.


==


Over a month had passed since the Squirrel McPants façade came tumbling down. Approximately five weeks gone by as Jim and Pam spent days working as friends and colleagues in the office of a paper company, and spent evenings and weekends as friends and lovers, carefully and tenderly putting the pieces of their relationship back together. They took great care in making sure no one at work suspected their burgeoning romance. It was something they wanted to keep extremely private, especially given the ever-present documentary cameras. There was still so much to adjust to, to compromise on, to make amends for, but most importantly to forgive and move forward together.


Pam had not, however, forgotten about her plans for Jim's reparations. Jim had asked on several occasions when she was going to give him the list so he could get started, and each time she replied that she was still working on it. The smile she inevitably gave each time she made this reply started to make him worry just a little bit. The one task he expected she'd want him to complete immediately was his appearance and confession in the chat room, but even that was put off. Too many people off on vacation, or away from school, she claimed. But she assured him that his time would come, and this Monday seemed to be the day.


Their day at Dunder Mifflin had been even crazier-than-normal. It started off with the news that Michael had hit fellow co-worker Meredith Palmer with his car, which resulted in a lunchtime field trip to the hospital. The work day ended with Michael's big plans for a charity fun run, for which a large portion of planning responsibility fell naturally to Pam. Nevertheless, she still insisted that Jim stop by the IRC chat room. She first drove them to dinner at the diner around the corner from work, then afterwards picked up Jim's car and followed him home. Though they had originally split their time between both apartments, Jim's apartment was bigger, and had the added bonus of his oversized HD television. As a result Pam was starting to spend more and more time over there. Her things - toiletries, clothes, art supplies, even her newish laptop computer - also began migrating to Jim's. He didn't mind in the slightest.


It was already nearing eight o'clock by the time they were ready. Jim finished his Coke as he waited for the nod from Pam to log into chat. As he crumbled the can in his hand, he was reminded of the fact that the last time he frequented the #Love_Stinks chat room, his beverage of choice had not been quite so benign. He smiled as he sunk the can into the trash bin from across the room; lots of things were different since the last time he'd been on IRC.


He was lost in those thoughts when Pam cleared her throat loudly. He looked over and found her staring at him, her amusement plain.


"What?" Jim asked.


"Do you want to come back from daydream land and join us in chat?"


"I wasn't daydreaming. I was thinking."


"They must have been happy thoughts from the look on your face."


Jim pulled his laptop closer and began typing. "They were," he admitted, glancing up at her briefly. "And if you're nice to me maybe I'll share them with you later."


"I certainly hope so," she replied ever so softly. He didn't respond, but his smirk told her he'd heard every word.



MairzyDoats> What? How is it possible those photos STILL haven't been uploaded?


Leikha> Hey, she's a busy woman, Mairzy.


Vexin> I swear they will be up tomorrow!


MairzyDoats> I know. ;-) Just giving her a hard time.


WalkingDisaster> Well look who's here!


Leikha> Squirrel!


Vexin> Squirrel McPants has returned!!


Squirrel_McPants> Hey guys. :-)


Lokien> So the rumors of your death were greatly exaggerated then?


MairzyDoats> Hi Squirrel!


TooMuchTrouble> wb, McPants.


Squirrel_McPants> Only slightly exaggerated, Lokien.


Vexin> How are you, Squirrel?


Lokien> What brings you back?


Squirrel_McPants> I'm doing really well, actually, Vexin. How are things with you?


TooMuchTrouble> You missed Vexin's Hollywood Adventure.


MairzyDoats> Not that any of us have seen the photos yet! ;-)


Squirrel_McPants> Yeah, sorry about that, Vexin.


Leikha> Shut it, Mairzy. :-)


Vexin> Oh, I can tell you later. Walking told us you were going to be around tonight with some big news.


SaintSimon> Yeah, where have you been, McPants?


sholva> Are you here to finally confess to that sex change?


TooMuchTrouble> Hey, that was my guess, sholva. No fair stealing.


Squirrel_McPants> She said it was big news?


SaintSimon> Nice, sholva. I'm not sure it would be big news here if he did get a sex change.


TooMuchTrouble> It might matter to WD.


WalkingDisaster> I did say it was big news, Squirrel. The BIGGEST. The most exciting thing to hit this IRC channel EVER.


SaintSimon> Ooh - why would it matter to WD??


Squirrel_McPants> Thanks, WalkingDisaster. Thanks so much for that lovely build up.


Vexin> Okay folks, let's calm down and let the man talk.


sholva> Or woman, if that's now the case.


*WalkingDisaster* No trouble at all. :-) *kiss*

 

Jim immediately glanced up at Pam, whose eyes remained glued to her monitor. So that's how she's going to play it, hmm?



Squirrel_McPants> LOL - I didn't have a sex change. Let's just clear that up right now.


TooMuchTrouble> Damn. :(


Squirrel_McPants> Sorry if that's upsetting for you to hear, TMT. ;-)


Leikha> LOL!


*Squirrel_McPants* Wow, Beesly. Can't control yourself even in cyberspace?


TooMuchTrouble> It's okay. I'll get over it. ;-)


Lokien> Good lord. 8^P


MairzyDoats> Hey, I have class in like an hour - is this going to be a long story?


WalkingDisaster> No, and I'm sure Squirrel will get to the point. :-)


Squirrel_McPants> I'm not quite sure where to start, to be honest.


*WalkingDisaster* Heh. Is that going to be a problem for you?


Vexin> Well, where have you been??


Squirrel_McPants> Um, nowhere exciting, really.


WalkingDisaster> Oh, really? Nowhere? ;-)


*Squirrel_McPants* No problem at all. At least now you know who you're kissing.


Lokien> Then why haven't you been around?


Squirrel_McPants> Well, I mean - I've been busy. Lots of changes in my life.


*WalkingDisaster* I always knew it was you, dork. *kiss*


Vexin> Good, I hope?


SaintSimon> Nothing bad, is there?


Squirrel_McPants> Oh no. Completely 100% fantastically good. :-)


Lokien> Uh, oh. It's a woman.


*WalkingDisaster* Nice! Thanks! :)


SaintSimon> a new girlfriend, perhaps?


sholva> Pfft. Gotta be a girl.


*Squirrel_McPants* Just the truth. :-)


Leikha> Great, Squirrel!


Squirrel_McPants> *grin* Yes, it's a girl. A woman, really.


SaintSimon> Awesome! How'd you meet?


MairzyDoats> Where did you meet her?


TooMuchTrouble> You should bring her around. :-)


*WalkingDisaster* *kiss*


Squirrel_McPants> Well, here's the thing: you already know her.


WalkingDisaster> Squirrel, I think you are telling this story a little backwards, don't you??


Squirrel_McPants> Would you rather tell them, WalkingDisaster?


Leikha> Wait - are you and WD together???


*Squirrel_McPants* :-P


SaintSimon> Tell us what?


Lokien> Oh, this looks like it's going to be good....


WalkingDisaster> No, by all means, Squirrel McPants, go right ahead. It's your story.


Squirrel_McPants> Okay, fine. I'm just going to come out and say it and get it over with.


TooMuchTrouble> ...?


sholva> Go on


*WalkingDisaster* Hey, where's my kiss?


Squirrel_McPants> I've been away from chat all this time because I needed to make a confession and it was important that you all be here to hear it.


Leikha> Wow.


*Squirrel_McPants* Not now. :P


TooMuchTrouble> For what?


Squirrel_McPants> Well, it would be fair to say that I joined you guys under false pretenses.


Lokien> What does that mean?


Squirrel_McPants> I acted like a stranger to everyone in the room, when in fact I already knew one of you.


*WalkingDisaster* later then? *kiss*


Leikha> who?


WalkingDisaster> He knew me.


TooMuchTrouble> Okay, so.....


SaintSimon> Did she know she knew you?


Squirrel_McPants> Um, no - she didn't. She didn't realize who I was until some time later. Which is kind of why I disappeared.


sholva> And this effects me how?


TooMuchTrouble> Wait.... who are you?


*Squirrel_McPants* maybe. Do you mind if I get this over with first?


WalkingDisaster> He's someone you've known about for a while....


Squirrel_McPants> And, as I discovered, you even had a pet name for me.

 

TooMuchTrouble> The plot thickens....


MairzyDoats> Pet name??


Squirrel_McPants> Yeah, I'm the one you guys like to call "Mister Wonderful."


Leikha> What???


sholva> Get the hell out.


*WalkingDisaster* *kiss* You're doing great. :-)


Lokien> Hey - didn't I tell you the very first day he arrived that that's who he was??


Vexin> Yeah, but you didn't really know that, Loki. Doesn't count.


MairzyDoats> You're kidding, right?


SaintSimon> Wow - really?


Lokien> I still knew something was up.


Vexin> Liar. ;-)


sholva> So why is this such a big deal?


MairzyDoats> Why?? Are you serious?


Leikha> Walking - is he really telling the truth?


WalkingDisaster> Yes, he really is.


MairzyDoats> How did you find out?


WalkingDisaster> Well, things just started adding up, and then I had some good advice on how best to proceed with my suspicions.


Squirrel_McPants> You knew, didn't you, Vexin?


Vexin> LOL - How could I? It was more of a guess. Let's just say I thought you seemed pretty taken with a women you'd just met on line.


Squirrel_McPants> Heh. And here I thought I was playing it cool.


Vexin> Not a chance in hell, Squirrel my dear. ;-)


*WalkingDisaster* Hah. If by cool you mean dorky.


TooMuchTrouble> So why did you come here if you know her in real life?


MairzyDoats> You were here just for WD?


*Squirrel_McPants* Looks who's talking. :-P


Lokien> Of course he was. That much should be obvious.


SaintSimon> How did you know about the chat?


WalkingDisaster> Tell us the WHOLE story, Squirrel!


Vexin> Yes, Squirrel - tell us how you came to join us. :-)


*Squirrel_McPants* I thought you were going to help me. :-P


sholva> Wait. So WD didn't know you were that guy from work?


WalkingDisaster> Not at first, no.


Squirrel_McPants> I heard about this place when she told a friend at work about it. About how she had been spending time chatting in here with you guys.


*WalkingDisaster* Trust me, I am. :-D


SaintSimon> Wow. So you came in here to spy on her?


Squirrel_McPants> Well, I wouldn't call it spying as such.


MairzyDoats> What else could you call it?


Squirrel_McPants> Listen, you guys have a pretty good idea of how screwed up things were between us. At the time it seemed like a perfect way to get to talk to her.


MairzyDoats> You have a weird sense of perfect, Squirrel.


*Squirrel_McPants* Yeah, I can completely see that. Don't encourage them!!


SaintSimon> It's a novel approach, I'll grant you that.


Lokien> But certainly questionable methods, Squirrel - don't you think?


TooMuchTrouble> You couldn't just approach her in real life and say you wanted to talk to her?


Leikha> If you wanted to talk to her, shouldn't you have just said who you were right from the start?


*WalkingDisaster* You're really doing fine. *kiss* :-D


Squirrel_McPants> I know it seems easy from your viewpoints. But trust me, I wasn't. It was a nightmare.


WalkingDisaster> To be fair, things *were* pretty messed up between us at that point.


MairzyDoats> I'm surprised you're defending him, WD!


WalkingDisaster> You guys know what it was like from all the complaining I did!


MairzyDoats> That would have freaked me out to find out some guy I liked was spying on me.


WalkingDisaster> Oh, freaked out is a very good description! And defending him was definitely NOT what I wanted to do when I first found out.


Squirrel_McPants> I'll admit it was somewhat of a desperate measure.


Lokien> Somewhat?


sholva> I don't know. I gotta give you points for trying.


Vexin> I have no doubts your heart was in the right place, even if your actions were dubious.


*WalkingDisaster* See? Told you I was helping you.


Squirrel_McPants> Thanks. At the time it really did seem like the only way to find out what was going on with her.


Leikha> So everything you told us about yourself - was that all made up?


Squirrel_McPants> Some, but not all. Not the core of it.


TooMuchTrouble> The breaking up with the girlfriend?


Squirrel_McPants> That happened.


Lokien> So the Glenfiddich consumption was accurate?


Squirrel_McPants> It was indeed, Loki. I had the headache on Monday to prove it.


WalkingDisaster> Which, btw, turned out to be a big tip-off to me. Kinda odd how the both of you were out sick on Monday morning. ;-)


Vexin> Were you trying to get caught?


Squirrel_McPants> I didn't think I was.


SaintSimon> So you saw her during the daytime right?


*WalkingDisaster* I think you WERE trying to get caught.


Squirrel_McPants> I did.


WalkingDisaster> Yep.


MairzyDoats> And you didn't say anything?


*Squirrel_McPants* You might be right. Still don't think it was a conscious effort, though.


SaintSimon> That must have been surreal.


Squirrel_McPants> Oh, it was.


Lokien> Were you ever going to tell her?


Leikha> WD, did he act differently at work? How did you know it was him?


WalkingDisaster> tbh, Leikha - we just hit it off too well for it not to get my attention. I'd never connected with someone so immediately like I did when I first met Jim, so meeting a total stranger in a chat room and getting that same feeling? That was totally weird. So unlike me.


Squirrel_McPants> I was going to tell her. I just had some things that needed taking care of first.


*Squirrel_McPants* *kiss*


Vexin> I guess you can't mask chemistry, huh?


Squirrel_McPants> And I did feel guilty about deceiving her - and you guys, too, I guess.


TooMuchTrouble> But mostly her, I imagine. ;-)


WalkingDisaster> oh, so now you admit to feeling guilty, huh? ;-)


Squirrel_McPants> Well, I wasn't lying to you as much as just leaving some important facts out.


Lokien> a fine line, McPants.


*WalkingDisaster* Finally, a kiss! Took you long enough! *kiss*


Vexin> Why do you say that, WD?


Squirrel_McPants> I know - but once I got here I couldn't keep away. It was the only time I felt like I was really with her again.


Leikha> This could have gone so horribly wrong you know.


*Squirrel_McPants* Well, don't get used to them. They're more than a bit silly.


WalkingDisaster> He's been claiming all this time he doesn't feel guilty at all for doing it.


MairzyDoats> I'm still not sure I would have taken it well. It's just so manipulative.


SaintSimon> What?!


Squirrel_McPants> Well I don't feel guilty in the sense that I wouldn't do it again, especially now that I know how things turned out.


TooMuchTrouble> Drastic times, drastic measures?


Squirrel_McPants> Yeah, something like that.


*WalkingDisaster* *pout* I don't think they're silly at all.


Vexin> So why did this have to be a big confession to us? I get the impression you two have worked things out.


WalkingDisaster> We have, almost. :-)


Squirrel_McPants> I just thought I should tell you guys the truth about Squirrel McPants. I thought you deserved that much.


WalkingDisaster> YOU thought?


Squirrel_McPants> Fine - WE thought. But I told you I expected I'd do this. :-P


TooMuchTrouble> So what *is* the deal with Squirrel McPants? Where the hell did that name come from?


*Squirrel_McPants* That's because you're silly.


Lokien> I often wondered that myself.


Leikha> Me, too. :-)


WalkingDisaster> Yes, Squirrel - tell us. You promised to tell me and you still haven't.


Squirrel_McPants> Ha. It's not a very exciting story.


*WalkingDisaster* Hey! I'm not silly! You're not calling me Kelly, are you??


Vexin> tell it anyway.


sholva> You could always make up a better one.


Squirrel_McPants> Ha! Well, first off - Squirrel was one of several names that kinda got stuck to me in college.


MairzyDoats>
why?


SaintSimon> Really?


*Squirrel_McPants* That can't be a serious question. Would I BE HERE if you were anything like Kelly?


WalkingDisaster> You never told me that before!


Squirrel_McPants> It was a stupid thing - from way back freshman year.


sholva> Is this going to degenerate into an obscene story about your nuts?


Leikha> LOL!!!


*WalkingDisaster* Sorry. You're totally right.


Squirrel_McPants>
No, I'm afraid not.


sholva> damn.


TooMuchTrouble> Ignore him....


Squirrel_McPants> Anyway, I guess I got in the habit of throwing trash under my bed. Pizza boxes, scrap paper, soda cans -


SaintSimon> Nice.


*Squirrel_McPants* I am, and don't you forget it. ;-)


MairzyDoats> Eww. I bet that place smelled good.


Squirrel_McPants> It wasn't anything dirty or gross - honestly.


Squirrel_McPants> Anyway, one day my roommate wants to move the beds around, and he sees all this trash, and made some comment about my "squirreling away" things under the bed.


SaintSimon> Sure


Squirrel_McPants> And his buddy was there and found the term "squirreling" to be the funniest thing he'd ever heard. So he started calling me that.


*WalkingDisaster* Don't get too cocky. Nothing says I have to stay here tonight.

 

TooMuchTrouble> And so did your roommate?


Squirrel_McPants> Yep.


Vexin> And I bet that didn't get old fast?


Squirrel_McPants> Only after they encouraged everyone to start calling me that.


WalkingDisaster> I can't believe I didn't know about this!!


Squirrel_McPants> After a while people would use it but not even know why. Fortunately people finally stopped using it.


MairzyDoats> And the McPants part?


Squirrel_McPants> Oh, that came from a name generator I found on line.


*Squirrel_McPants* Wow. Bringing out the big guns right away, huh?


sholva> A name generator?


Squirrel_McPants> Yeah, a band name generator, actually. I gave it Squirrel and it spit out a list of options.


TooMuchTrouble> And McPants was the best you could do?


Squirrel_McPants> Hey, it sounded like a name. Which was better than some of the other options they gave me.


SaintSimon> Like what?


*WalkingDisaster* Just saying. ;-)


sholva>
remember any of them?


Squirrel_McPants> I don't remember all of them. I think the other one I was considering was Squirrel Jerky, but that sounded a bit obscene. ;-)


Lokien> and a bit cannibalistic.


Squirrel_McPants> Another favorite was Squirrel Baggage. Oh and there was Flannel Squirrel And The Malicious Frenzy.


Vexin> Sounds like you spent a bit of time on that. ;-)


Leikha> Now that would be a cool band name.


Squirrel_McPants> Maybe. ;-)


*Squirrel_McPants* Well for the record I'd prefer you to stay.

 

TooMuchTrouble> So now what?


Squirrel_McPants> What do you mean?


TooMuchTrouble> I mean, you're here, we know who you are, and you two are talking so it must have ended well.


Leikha> Hey - you didn't finish telling us what happened when you found out, WD!


SaintSimon> Did you confront him?


*WalkingDisaster* Your preference has been duly noted. :-)


Vexin> Yes, details please!!


MairzyDoats> I hope you gave him a good beating. ;-)


Squirrel_McPants> Oh, I did not escape unscathed.


WalkingDisaster> Liar. ;-)


WalkingDisaster> He did better than he should have, I'll admit. But I'm not quite through with him.


*WalkingDisaster* My preference is to stay, too. :-)


TooMuchTrouble> Oooh. Do tell.


WalkingDisaster> Well, long story short, I did confront him in chat - I invited him over to a private chat.


MairzyDoats> Did you just come out and accuse him?


*Squirrel_McPants* :-)


Leikha> What did you say?


sholva> Did you freak out when she said she knew, Squirrel?


Lokien> I bet that wasn't awkward at all. ;)


WalkingDisaster> I don't really remember what I said, Simon.


*Squirrel_McPants* Liar.


WalkingDisaster> We chatted for a while and then I just sort of led up to it.


Squirrel_McPants> What you did was entrap me!


*WalkingDisaster* Now who's lying??


WalkingDisaster> I did not!


Leikha> LOL!


Squirrel_McPants> You did. You said we should change to our real names instead of IRC handles, since we knew each other's name.


Vexin> Clever one, WD.


*Squirrel_McPants* You completely set me up, Beesly. You know that.


TooMuchTrouble> Nice - I like that.


WalkingDisaster> Okay, I remember that part. Because you first changed it to what you had told me your name was.


Squirrel_McPants> Well, I didn't realize you knew at that point.


*WalkingDisaster* Who set who up?? You just can't get over the fact that you're not as clever as you thought you were.


SaintSimon> What name did he tell you, Walking?


Lokien> Man, Squirrel - how deep did this deception go??


WalkingDisaster> Oh deep, Loki - deep! He even sent me some other guy's picture claiming it was him!


*Squirrel_McPants* I make no claims to cleverness. If I did, we would have been together a lot sooner, I assure you.


MairzyDoats> NO!


SaintSimon> Get the hell out.


Squirrel_McPants> Okay, I don't think we need to spill all the details...


*WalkingDisaster* Oh sure, completely throw me off my game by being sincere.


Vexin> Oh, I completely disagree. This is fascinating. :-D


*WalkingDisaster* You suck. ;-)


WalkingDisaster> He said his name was Matthew, btw.


Squirrel_McPants> Which wasn't too far off. It is my middle name.


Lokien> I'm not sure if that makes it worse or better, McPants.


*Squirrel_McPants* And as I have discovered, so do you. ;-)


sholva> And who's photo was it?


Squirrel_McPants> I don't know - I found him on line.


SaintSimon> Wow.


*WalkingDisaster* OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Jim couldn't contain his laughter and looked up from his screen. Pam glanced up as well, and tried to give him a dirty look, but her rising blush made it less than effective.

"Evil," she muttered as turned her attention back to her computer.


TooMuchTrouble> LOL


Leikha> *laugh* Too much!!


Squirrel_McPants> I had to do something - I was shocked when she asked for a photo!


Leikha> Why did you ask for a photo, WD?


MairzyDoats> That wasn't a clue you should just tell the truth, Squirrel?


WalkingDisaster> Vexin suggested it when I told her of my suspicions. :-)


TooMuchTrouble> Nice work, Vex.


Vexin> Thanks. :-)


Squirrel_McPants> Oh yeah - thanks so much, Vexin.


MairzyDoats> Hey, you have no right to complain about anything. :-P


Squirrel_McPants> Hmm.


SaintSimon> So did you guys get together right after this?


WalkingDisaster> We met the next day before work and talked.


Squirrel_McPants> We talked a lot that night, and then some more the next day.


sholva> Just talked? ;-)


Vexin> I'm not sure that's any of our business, nosy.


sholva> Sure it is. :-)


Lokien> I hope you didn't let him off the hook too easily, Walking.


TooMuchTrouble> So are you guys dating now, or what?


Leikha> You obviously seem to have worked it out.


WalkingDisaster> I was probably too easy on him, I admit.


Squirrel_McPants> I disagree.


Vexin> Of course you would.


*Squirrel_McPants* No more secret messages for me? ;-)


WalkingDisaster> But! I do have future plans.


TooMuchTrouble> Oh?


SaintSimon> Like what?


*WalkingDisaster* No more secret anythings. You disgust me.


Squirrel_McPants> She had an idea based on a Hercules movie.


WalkingDisaster> Don't sound so dismissive, Squirrel. I'll just make your tasks harder. ;-)


MairzyDoats> What tasks?


TooMuchTrouble> This could be fun....


*Squirrel_McPants* No I don't. :-D


WalkingDisaster> I told him that Hercules had to perform 12 tasks to make up for killing his wife and kids. I thought since he had been so deceptive and sneaky, the least he could do to make it up to me was complete 12 tasks of my choosing.


Vexin> Nice.


SaintSimon> Clever!


*WalkingDisaster* Hmmm. Well, you're very rude. Definitely NOT a gentleman. ;-P


Squirrel_McPants> Did you have anything to do with that too, Vexin?


Vexin> No, but I wish I had - that sounds very interesting.


*Squirrel_McPants* Did I disparage you in any way? I was merely pointing out a fact.


Leikha> So what are you going to make him do??


MairzyDoats> Yes - make them good.


*WalkingDisaster* Hmmm.


WalkingDisaster> I'm still working that out. I've got a a few, but not all twelve yet.


Lokien> Are you talking suggestions??


Squirrel_McPants> No.


WalkingDisaster> As a matter of fact, I might be. What do you think?


*Squirrel_McPants* And you know I have nothing but praise for your skills. ;-)


Lokien> I think that he deceived us too. We should give him the tasks to do.


Leikha> oh, definitely!!!!


MairzyDoats> Excellent idea, Loki!


TooMuchTrouble> All of us?


*WalkingDisaster* Hmmm.


Squirrel_McPants> Now wait a minute...


WalkingDisaster> I really like that idea. Really, really like it.


Squirrel_McPants> Uh-oh.


SaintSimon> LOL


Lokien> I think uh-oh would be the appropriate response.


*Squirrel_McPants* I know you aren't really upset, btw.


TooMuchTrouble> How torturous are we allowed to get?


Squirrel_McPants> Whoa!


SaintSimon> Be nice, TMT.


*WalkingDisaster* Oh really?


Leikha> I think the tasks should focus on Squirrel having to do nice things for Walking.


MairzyDoats> Yeah, literally make it up to her.


WalkingDisaster> I like your thinking, Leikha.


Leikha> Thanks. :-)


*Squirrel_McPants* Yep. :-)


Vexin> Hmm....I'm going to need some time to come up with something.


WalkingDisaster> Oh, there's no rush. He's not going anywhere.


MairzyDoats> Okay, I'm in then.


*WalkingDisaster* And how do you know that?


sholva> I still don't think he did such a bad thing.


Squirrel_McPants> Thanks, sholva.


sholva> But I want to think up a task, too.


*Squirrel_McPants* You're swinging your foot. You always do that when you are in a good mood. :-)


SaintSimon> So do we all want in?


TooMuchTrouble> Absolutely.


Vexin> Yes


Lokien> Yep.


*WalkingDisaster* Damn foot. ;-P ;-)


Leikha> I do!


MairzyDoats> Yes!


WalkingDisaster> Great!


Squirrel_McPants> Oh yeah, great.


MairzyDoats> I think WD should have to approve them though.


TooMuchTrouble> Aww.... where's the fun in that?


Squirrel_McPants> TMT, you're really starting to scare me.


TooMuchTrouble> :-D


SaintSimon> Def. let Walking approve.


Leikha> Who wants to go first?


Lokien> Eh, just submit your ideas to WD and let her choose.


WalkingDisaster> Yeah - you guys have my email right?


sholva> But how will we know if he does them?


WalkingDisaster> Don't worry - I'll make sure you guys get a full report. :-)


*Squirrel_McPants* I can't believe you are going to let them choose!


Leikha> Yay!


MairzyDoats> With photos??


Squirrel_McPants> You guys are enjoying this way too much.


WalkingDisaster> We'll see.


Leikha> Wait - but what if I want my task for Squirrel to be a surprise for Walking?


*WalkingDisaster* Worried?


SaintSimon> Oh, that's a good point.


Vexin> Send your tasks to me, peeps - I'll sort them out and give them to Squirrel


Squirrel_McPants> I had a feeling you'd be in on this sooner or later.


Vexin> :-)


TooMuchTrouble> So you didn't answer me earlier - are you now dating?


Squirrel_McPants> Yes, we are.


WalkingDisaster> Yes.


MairzyDoats> Dammit - I have to leave for class now. I'm already late.


*Squirrel_McPants* uh, yeah - and rightfully so.


Leikha> Have fun, Mairzy!


SaintSimon> Since when?


sholva> Bye, Mairzy!


MairzyDoats> I'd rather stay here!


Squirrel_McPants> A bit over a month.


Leikha> I'll let you know if you miss anything...


*WalkingDisaster* Haha - I'll protect you from the mean IRC people. ;-)


TooMuchTrouble> So right after you found out?


WalkingDisaster> Yep.


SaintSimon> See ya, MairzyDoats!


TooMuchTrouble> Bye Mairzy.


SaintSimon> Walking you ARE too easy! You didn't even let him sweat it out??


MairzyDoats has left the room.


WalkingDisaster> I did!


SaintSimon> Doesn't sound like it!


*Squirrel_McPants* See that you do. ;-)


Vexin> Aw, cut her some slack. She's been all googly-eyed over him for ages. I'm sure he turned on the charm and she just couldn't fight back. ;-)


WalkingDisaster> That doesn't sound like you're really defending me, Vex!


*Squirrel_McPants* Googly-eyed, huh?


Vexin> I am, dear. You know I am. :-)


Lokien> Yeah, I suppose when you disregard the fact that he pretended to be someone else, it's almost romantic.


Squirrel_McPants> Thank you.


*WalkingDisaster* Shut up.


Lokien> Not that I condone the idea, McPants.


Squirrel_McPants> Well, you do teach ethics, so I guess I'll take what I can get.


Lokien> Fair enough. ;-)


Vexin> So what does everyone else think?


Leikha> About what?


Vexin> At work - what do people think about you guys finally being together?


WalkingDisaster> Oh, they don't know.


Squirrel_McPants> We figured it was better if they didn't know.


SaintSimon> Really?


Lokien> Probably a good idea


Leikha> Isn't it hard to pretend you're just friends?


Squirrel_McPants> Not at all. I've had years of experience. ;-)


Vexin> I can't believe no one suspects, though.


*WalkingDisaster* I had a bit of practice with that too, you know!


WalkingDisaster> I really don't think they do.


Squirrel_McPants> You underestimate the cloud of apathy we work under every day. ;-)


TooMuchTrouble> Why are you keeping it a secret?

*Squirrel_McPants* I never said you didn't.


Vexin>
Are you ever going to tell them?


sholva> I think it's a good idea to keep it on the low down.


Squirrel_McPants>
I can't speak for WD, but I would rather not tell people at work if we didn't have to.


SaintSimon>
Why?


WalkingDisaster>
No, I totally agree with that.


Squirrel_McPants>
It would just be awkward.


*WalkingDisaster* Good. Just wanted to make that clear. Last year totally sucked.


Vexin>
Never?


WalkingDisaster>
Vex, remember how I told you about our boss, Michael?


Vexin>
I do.


WalkingDisaster>
Well, imagine the craziest story I've ever told you about him, then times it by one thousand.


*Squirrel_McPants* I couldn't agree more.


Vexin>
Gotcha


Squirrel_McPants>
No, at least one hundred thousand times.


Squirrel_McPants>
Inappropriate is his middle name.


Vexin>
Ah, I think I understand.


Lokien>
Better to keep work and personal life as separate as possible.


WalkingDisaster>
Exactly. Nobody would care anyway.


sholva>
Hey I just thought of something -


Lokien>
It's about time. ;-)


sholva>
Where are you guys? (Funny, Loki.) :-P


Squirrel_McPants>
At home.


sholva>
Are you guys together right now? I mean, at the same place.


Squirrel_McPants>
Yeah....


WalkingDisaster>
He wanted moral support.


WalkingDisaster>
And he's the one with WiFi. ;-)


TooMuchTrouble>
So you're in the same house, and you're both chatting on IRC?


SaintSimon>
Good to see you've got the priorities covered, WD. ;-)


WalkingDisaster>
We both have laptops, yes.


sholva>
Tell me you are at least talking to each other during all of this.



Jim met Pam's gaze and they grinned at each other.



Squirrel_McPants> Sure.


SaintSimon>
He means real talking, not IRC talking.


WalkingDisaster>
Why does it matter?


sholva>
Man, you two are dorks.


Vexin>
Which is probably why they are perfect for each other. ;-)


Squirrel_McPants>
Hey, if you guys are going to start hurling insults, we've got better things to do.


TooMuchTrouble>
I'll bet ;-)


sholva>
You guys aren't sitting there naked are you?


Leikha>
LOL!


Vexin>
ROFL!!!


*Squirrel_McPants* Why did I expect that question from sholva?


Squirrel_McPants> Um, no. :-P


WalkingDisaster> Maybe we are. ;-)


Squirrel_McPants> We're NOT.


*Squirrel_McPants* What???


Lokien> Okay, someone's lying.


*WalkingDisaster* ;-) Sorry, maybe that was just wishful thinking on my part.


Squirrel_McPants> On that note, I think I'm going to say goodnight.


SaintSimon>
Coward. ;-)


Lokien>
So does this mean we'll be seeing you again, McPants?


*Squirrel_McPants* Far be it for me to ignore your wishes then.


Squirrel_McPants>
I guess it does.


Vexin>
Good.


WalkingDisaster>
Maybe not quite so often.....


TooMuchTrouble>
Yeah, yeah. Rub it in.


SaintSimon>
Not all of us have lives, you know.


*WalkingDisaster* Very true.


Squirrel_McPants> Oh trust us, we don't either.


WalkingDisaster>
Hey! Speak for yourself!


Squirrel_McPants>
Oh, I'm pretty confident in speaking for you as well.


Lokien>
Ah, young love. What a beautiful thing to witness.


Vexin>
Okay - well, everyone get their tasks for Squirrel to me ASAP.


WalkingDisaster>
And make them GOOD.


Leikha>
Absolutely.


SaintSimon>
Better than good, I promise you. :-D


TooMuchTrouble>
Hey, Squirrel - are you afraid of heights?


Squirrel_McPants>
I'm more afraid of what you are planning, tbh.


sholva>
LOL


Squirrel_McPants>
Night all!



Jim logged out of the chat and closed his laptop, his head resting in his hands while he waited for Pam to do the same.

"That went well," she finally said, turning her computer off.

"Really?" Jim smirked. "You're not in the least bit worried what these people are going to come up with?"

"I'm not worried," she paused. "But then again I'm not you."

"Nice." Jim stood up and stretched. "So I guess you made your decision?"

Pam cocked her head, her expression confused. "Decision about what?"

"You staying or leaving?"

Pam stood up and walked over to him. She braced her hands against his chest as she stood on tiptoes and gave him him a quick kiss.

"Staying. Definitely staying."




You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans