- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Just added the final two chapters (Acts 4 and 5). If this were real, it basically would be the length of a supersized episode. Feedback is greatly appreciated, so let me know what you think...

COLD OPEN — MAIN OFFICE
JIM is sitting at his desk. PAM is leaning on JIM'S desk, facing the opposite direction. DWIGHT is sitting at his desk. JIM and PAM are talking. JIM is in mid-sentence.

JIM
... so anyway, my cousin sent me this new computer game that is completely awesome. I've been playing it nonst-

PAM (slightly exaggerated)
Ohh, so that's why we were late to meet my parents for dinner the other day.

JIM
Yeah. You know what - I'm totally sorry about that.

DWIGHT looks up from his computer.

DWIGHT (loudly)
What computer game?

JIM
Um ... Halo? You ever heard of it?

DWIGHT (defiantly)
Ever heard of it? (snorts) I only started the Lackawanna County Paintball Association Semiannual Competitive Halo Tournament. (looks back at computer screen for two beats, then looks back up at JIM) Wait. What are you talking about? They don't make Halo for computers.

JIM
Well, apparently they do. Because I have been playing it for like two weeks.

DWIGHT (dismissively)
Doubtful.

JIM
No, seriously. It's a new test release version. My cousin works for this computer magazine, and they got an advance copy or someth—

DWIGHT
Fine. Prove it. I want a copy.

JIM
IIII don't know if that's a good idea. My cousin will be pretty mad if it gets out. He could get in a lot of trouble.

DWIGHT (very seriously)
Jim. I swear to you I will keep it guarded with my life.

JIM (thinks for a few seconds)
Okay. Fine. I'll e-mail it to you. (types DWIGHT'S e-mail address and presses Enter) There.

JIM and PAM look at each other for several seconds as though they have a secret.

DWIGHT (agitated)
This file doesn't work. Nothing happened when I opened it. I knew you were a liar.

JIM (surprised)
I don't know. It works on my computer. I'll have to ask my cousin.


Cut to TALKING HEAD — JIM in CONFERENCE ROOM

JIM
I actually do have a cousin who works for a computer magazine. And he actually did send me a file. (beat) Buuut, the file is a program that allows you to control the computer of the person who opens it. So, yeah. I guess it is a game. (beat) A game that I will have a lot of fun playing with Dwight. (slowly smiles)


Cut to MAIN OFFICE
JIM is sitting at his desk. DWIGHT is standing in MICHAEL'S OFFICE with the door open and his back to the doorway. PAM walks toward DWIGHT'S desk from the break room. SHE looks at DWIGHT'S computer screen.

PAM (casually/faux seriously)
Uh, hey, Dwight. That's kind of a weird background you got there.

DWIGHT
What?

DWIGHT turns around, walks toward his computer and sees his background has been changed to a crude, but clear picture of Darth Vader riding a pink unicorn in front of a rainbow. Camera zooms in on his computer screen.

DWIGHT (angrily)
What is this? What is going on? (camera pans to JIM and zooms in. HE is trying not to laugh. Camera pans back to DWIGHT, then zooms out to show both JIM and DWIGHT)

JIM
What?

DWIGHT (even more angrily)
Someone changed my background to a picture of Darth Vader riding a pink unicorn.

Camera pans to MICHAEL, who walks in and quickly sees what is on DWIGHT'S computer screen. HE looks disgusted/confused, turns around sharply and walks back into his office.

MICHAEL (disgustedly)
Ooookaaaay, Dwight.

Camera zooms out to show PAM walking casually past JIM'S desk.

JIM (quietly, to PAM)
Darth Vader riding a pink unicorn?


Cut to TALKING HEAD — PAM in CONFERENCE ROOM

PAM
Playing online mini golf got boring. So I learned Photoshop.


Cut to OPENING CREDITS

Chapter End Notes:
Picture of the background on Dwight's computer: http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2486258030102344971YGClkN

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans