- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I own nothing.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This is just the first chapter, people. It's gonna get good (-:
Pam had no idea being pregnant was this hard. Nah, she didn’t really get morning sickness, and she was never terrible emotional or anything, but doing the normal day-to-day things were difficult: tying her shoes, picking up the paperclips and scraps of paper around her desk, going on errands for Michael’s whatevers, and a lot of, um, *other* things with Jim. But of course Jim was a huge help. He was so protective of her all the time it made her laugh. She also thought it was kind of funny how they weren’t even married yet. They had the rings, yeah, but Pam found out the day after Jim proposed that she, well they, were pregnant. That was seriously the happiest weekend of her life.

The hardest morning waking up for Pam was when she was exactly eight and a half months pregnant. Jim insisted that she stay home, but it was her last day before her maternity leave, so she knew she should deal with it one more day and then be able to veg out for the next few weeks before her scheduled C section. It’s not like Fridays were ever really busy at the office, anyway. So Pam managed to put on her new maternity shirt from the baby shower her mom threw for her, eased herself into the backseat of the car (Jim read that it was safer in the back for pregnant women, but Pam knew he just got that from Dwight) at headed off to Dunder-Mifflin.

But when Pam walked into the office, she immediately regretted even getting up that morning. Right when she opened the doors, the lights turned on and all she could hear was Michael among the mumbles of the office saying “Happy BIRTH day Pam!” There were pink and blue streamers hung around the walls and pictures of kittens in baby bonnets scattered about the room. Jim kind of just stood there, mouth agape, looking over at Pam. All Pam could do was just look at Michael’s beaming face. How could she be mad at him?

Pam: “Wow, Michael, you didn’t have to—“

Michael: “Oh shush, Pam, come on, sit down! That extra 40 pounds you’ve been carrying around must get tiring.”

Phyllis: “Michael, she’s pregnant,” she told him, almost like it was a secret.

Kevin: “Yeah, it’s all in her *giggle* boobs.”

Michael: “Yes, that is right, Kevin. And that is why Pam must sit down here, in the middle of everyone, so we can all respect the beauti..ful..ness .. of motherhood!”



He gestured her to sit in the decorated desk chair in the middle of the crown. Pam breathed deeply. She knew it was going to be a long day.
Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter will be up tomorrow (:

p.s. - it's gonna get spicy (: hehe

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans