- Text Size +
Story Notes:

What i thought could have happened if the camera's left Scranton to follow Ryan to NYC.

 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:

One of first Fan fics. I thought that I should post it here, after editing it a little.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

“And that’s a wrap!”

The documenter’s voice boomed over the music and the crowd. The documentary crew and director had decided that they were going to follow Ryan and his move to New York City. They said the reason for the move was that there is more energy in the city, and there will be new stories for them to document in the city. They of course would be coming back to the branch every time that Ryan had anything to do in Scranton.

 There was a mixed reaction with the camera crew leaving. People were so used to them being there everyday that they wondered how they would adjust. Pam and Jim seemed just fine that they were going to be able to get their friendship back on track without the cameras around.

 The only person who seemed to be upset that the camera crew was leaving was Michael. Throughout the party he was trying to be in every shot. Even in the private moment between Jim and Pam, where Jim whispered something to Pam that made her giggle, Michael was evident in the background waving at the camera. Even as the camera crew was leaving Michael was still trying to wheel his way into having someone stay around in Scranton.

 The next day when everyone arrived in the office they all had identical packages on their desks. Jim brought his package over to Pam at reception.

“Come let’s open these.”

Pam smiled at Jim and lifted her box; she had already cut the tape, “One step ahead of you Halpert.”

Jim shook his head at her. He let her finish opening hers. She lifted out a note it read:

We just want to say thank you to all of you at Dunder-Mifflin Scranton. It has been a great 3 years with all of you. You let us into your lives and see how interesting you are. So as a token of our thanks we are giving all of you all of the footage we shot over the years that we were with you.
Hope you enjoy it,
                          The Crew.

Pam smiled up at Jim,
“Do you want to have a marathon of the Dunder-Mifflin Scranton documentary? I have nothing planned for tonight if you want to come over to watch?”

    Jim’s eyes gleamed when he heard that he would get to spend the night with Pam curled up on a couch watching themselves, joking around and getting back their friendship. He was also happy that the weirdness that had passed between them was over. Karen was off to a job in New York, and after their talk at the beach they both wanted to be friends the way they had been before Jim left for Stamford.

 Just then the phone rang, “Dunder-Mifflin this is Pam.” Pam smiled up at Jim; he gave her the nod and headed back to his desk.

Sitting at his desk he watched as Dwight looked over to Angela. He thought that they were going to be doing the same thing that he and Pam were going to be doing, but instead of laughing at the pranks that they pulled on Dwight they would comment on how immature Jim and Pam are, they would also see that there is video evidence of their office romance. Jim still had to do a reality check every time he thought of Dwight in a relationship, sometimes it was beyond him how someone could ever think of going out with him. He also knew that Dwight and Angela would make it a romantic evening, where as Jim and Pam’s would be a casual and relaxed. Jim heard Michael sniffling in his office, he turned to look over at him and knew that they were tears of joy about having all his moments forever.

 Pam sat at her desk watching the clock tic minutes off the day. She was happy that she and Jim were going to have a night in. It would be the first thing that could help get their friendship back. She also couldn’t wait to see herself on camera. She knew that Roy and Karen were both going to be on the tape and it was going to be awkward to see their old relationships; and also the flirting and the weirdness that she knew was caught on tape, but she didn’t care.

 When the day finally finished, Jim still hadn’t returned to the office from his sales call. Pam didn’t want to wait; she wanted to get to the grocery store for snacks, get home, shower and change for the night. She sent Jim a text:

Hey Halpert, I’m headed home now. What snacks do u want 4 tonite?

As she walked to her car her phone chimed, it was Jim returning the text:

Hey. French Onion chips, Jelly Belly’s and All Dressed Chips. I’ll bring the drinks.

Drinks? Pam wondered what kind of drink would go well with all the chips that he wanted, but she was eager for the surprise that he was going to bring.

             Jim arrived at Pam’s around 8. He was dressed in jeans and a blue American Eagle golf shirt. In his hands were a bottle of grape soda and a bottle of sparkling wine. Pam opened the door when Jim knocked. She was dressed in a pair of dark Citizens of Humanity jeans and a blue tank top. Pam giggled, “I glad we are staying in, being colour coordinated like this would have looked funny going out.” Jim smiled at her comment. Pam opened the door wider so that Jim could come in. She had set the snacks up on her coffee table, and she already had the DVDs out so they could watch them.

“Here are the drinks.” Jim said as he handed them to Pam.

“Sparkling wine? What’s the occasion Halpert? Ooh and Grape soda, very classy.”

“The occasion is the end of filming… and uh to our renewed friendship. And the grape soda is, well I just like it and you know that.”

             The two of them settled into Pam’s couch and Pam turned on the first DVD. They made it through the first disc quickly. There were points where they had to stop the DVD though because they were laughing so hard and they knew that if they didn’t they would miss parts of the documentary. After a quick break Pam put on the second disc. This one was a little harder for them to watch. There were quite a few tense moments that they had to watch between them. The hardest they laughed though was at Michael and his grilled foot. When they watched Jim admitting his love for Pam, they sat in silence, it was the same when they watched Pam’s speech at the beach.

           By the time they had finished the third disc the majority of the snacks were gone, they had finished the wine, and Jim only had a glass of grape soda. Pam’s eyes were slowly closing and she snuggled into Jim, as the wrap party footage started. He leaned down and whispered to Pam, “Come on Beesly, let’s get you to bed.” He then picked her up and carried her to the bedroom. He laid her down and covered her with her blanket. He walked to the doorway, turned and looked at her for a moment before heading back to the couch. He cleaned up the coffee table and then stretched out on the couch and fell asleep.

            The next morning Pam woke up still in her jeans and remembered that she had fallen asleep watching the documentary. She also remembered that Jim had been over, she wondered if he had gone home. She got out of bed, changed into a pair of black yoga pants and a pink tank top and then walked out to the kitchen. On the way she passed the living room, and saw Jim stretched out on her couch she smiled and walked past to the kitchen. She put on a pot of coffee and started cooking up some bacon. The smell from the kitchen wafted into the living room and caused Jim to wake up. He stretched and then walked into the kitchen.

 “Morning Pam. How was your sleep?” Jim said yawning.

“It was good. Thanks for bringing me to my bed last night. How was your sleep? I know the couch isn’t that comfortable.”

“It was fine. So what’s for breakfast?”

“Well I was thinking bacon and eggs? How do you want yours?”

“Scrambled thanks.”

 Pam cooked the breakfast and Jim set the table after asking where the plates and cutlery were. After sitting down with their full plates they began to talk about the documentary. They discussed the numerous pranks that they pulled on Dwight. Pam said she was sorry that in the last year the pranks they pulled on Dwight were not done together. Jim agreed, but with the tension that was between them and Karen being around it was hard to be able to get together to do pranks. Although Jim said the prank they pulled on Andy was legendary and would go down in prank history. Then Jim brought up the Dwight Angela romance. “How come you weren’t shocked when you saw them together?”

Pam answered kind of sheepishly, “Well I have known about that relationship for a while. I didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to reveal their secret.”

“You never told me?!”

“Sorry, but with all that was between us it just never came up.”

“I understand, but you could have at least hinted to it. So… uh there were quite a few things on those tapes that were a little awkward to watch. I know that there was the Dundies, that was a shock for me and I was disappointed that you didn’t remember”

Pam blushed, “I did remember the kiss. I just didn’t say anything because I didn’t want to ruin our friendship.”

     Next Pam brought up all the different moments that passed between them where you could see that they wanted to admit their true feelings for each other. Pam admitted that she always had some feelings for Jim, she just couldn’t do anything about it because she was with Roy.

“That’s why when you told me that you were in love with I said, ‘I can’t’ instead of ‘I don’t’. When you walked in on me on the phone with my mom I admitted to her that I did have feelings for you, but that I was obligated to Roy.”

Jim sat in stunned silence. He didn’t know what to say, so Pam continued.

“I’m sorry I never told you that. I know that I had moments when you got back, and well I kinda hoped it would have come out in my speech to you at the beach. And well you were also in a relationship so I didn’t want to ruin that for you.”

“Pam I… well I have to admit, you did really hurt me when you rejected me. But what I said to Michael that time at Christmas about thinking about the girl that broke your heart I meant it. I never stopped thinking about you, or loving you.” Jim paused to collect his thoughts, “But Pam I want to take things slowly. I don’t want to rush into a relationship, I want to do this right.”

Pam got up and walked around the table to where Jim sat. She bent down and gave him a light peck. “Halpert I completely agree with you.”

Chapter End Notes:
Comments are love.


PokerChips is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked That's a Wrap also liked 1626 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans