- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I'm not sure what possessed me to start writing this, but it popped into my head and wouldn't leave me alone.  It orginally started as just Michael's reaction, but then I decided to include the whole office.  Feedback is much appreciated.

When Michael had first heard, he thought it was a joke.  He mugged for the camera and laughed.  “Oh yeah, sure, okay, ma’am.  What, did Dwight [laughs] did he fall into a lake?  Or wait, I know!  He-he died from ‘total idiot’s’ disease.”

 

“It was a car accident, sir.”

 

“Oh yeah, okay.”  Michael looked up at the camera and silently laughed while he pointed to the phone.

 

“I’m sorry, sir, but Mr. Schrute really is dead.  He died just before the ambulance got him here.”

 

Michael’s smile faltered and fear clouded his eyes as he glanced over at Dwight’s vacant desk.  “No… he, he can’t be.  Dwight can’t die.  He’s not dead.”

 

“Sir, he can and he is.  I’m sorry.”

 

The tears stung Michael’s eyes as he shooed away the camera men and turned his chair to stare out the window.  Regret flooded through him.  Sorrow.  He buried his head in his hands and he silently wept for the friend that he could never get back.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans