- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Tiny things changed in episodes. Could their lives?

 

Author's Chapter Notes:

Totally off the top of my head.

I need a beta!

I own no characters. Please don't sue.

What if?

Pam told Jim what was really on her mind in the parking lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

He looked down at her a slight smile on his lips.

"I just...I don't really want to go home" she said quietly.

I like drunk Pam. Not only did she kiss him tonight but now she wanted to spend the night out with him. And the way she said home it was like it was jail to her.

"Ok" he smiled. "But don't try to make anymore moves on me tonight Beesly."

She giggled.

Ok I really like drunk Pam.

"So...where to?" her words slightly slurred together.

He faked astonishment.

"Pamela aren't you forgetting something?"

She looked puzzled.

"Oh right my ride, God Angela is so going to call me a whore."

"Your not a whore Pam, your a hussy"

She laughed.

Angela pulled up and Pam went over to talk to her. Soon Pam was moving away from the car quickly as Angela sped away.

After regaining composure she asked, "OK, now where to?"

"Your the one who wants to spend the night exploring so you pick Beesly."

She laughed.

I love her laughter so much.

"I feel..." She looked very serious for a second. "I feel like Chineese" she exclaimed.

"Well then Chineese it is! Hop inside the Halpert-Mobile."

-----------------------------------------------

After they were seated and handed menus he asked her:

"So Pam is this the first time you have been banned from a restaurant?"

She giggled.

"Yes, what kind of a person do you think I am Jim?" she tried to sound hurt.

"Well I was just making sure you weren't turning into Meredith" Jim retorted. He loved talking to her like this, no barriers, no Roy, just them.

They continued this banter for a while until their food arrived.

"I'm starving!" Pam exclaimed.

"Well then eat-"

"Hey, Hey eat your own food missy, didn't your mother ever teach you to keep your hands to yourself?"

She giggled.

"I forgot to get orange chicken and yours just looked so good Jim." She sounded like a puppy begging for food.

"Come on how could I say no to that face Pam? Fine but if you eat mine then I eat yours."

She nodded slowly. Her eyes got that hazy look like she was thinking really hard but she was also extremely giddy.

He waved his hand in front of her face.

"Earth to Pam."

"I love being drunk" she said

He laughed.

"Oh and why is that?"

"It just makes me realize things."

"Like what?"

He was virtually sitting on the edge of his seat waiting for her to say it.

She looked down.

So close but no cigar.

"Pam?" he said this quietly.

She looked up.

"Roy and I had a fight."

He was at a loss of words.

"...I'm sorry"

He wasn't sorry at all though because it brought her here, with him.

"No...its not that-"

She struggled but he didn't interrupt her.

"Jim why are you so perfect?"

His throat went dry.

He struggled out a hoarse:
"I'm not"

She rolled her eyes and laughed bitterly.

"Oh please if I would have asked Roy to take me out for chineese at 11 at night he would have complained and begged me to go home. But you..you-"

She sighed.

"You're so...right"

He looked up at her and suddenly the table between them seemed miles away, he had to get closer.

Pam's eyes were brimming with tears desperately wanting to come out. He reached out and touched her hand.

"Hey I'm here. Believe me I'm not all I'm cracked up to be. Just you love him I'm sure you two will work it out."

He tried not to sound bitter.

She laughed.

"I think I stopped loving him and long time ago."

His heart stopped beating for a second.

"I love you Pam" he blurted out.

He looked down.

She squeezed his hand.

He looked up.

"I love you too."

He smiled.

She smiled.

I love drunk Pam.

 

 

 

 

Chapter End Notes:
So...what did you think? I live for reviews and since this is my first REAL story I need critiquing.


JamLover101 is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked The Butterfly Effect also liked 1873 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans