- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This is more pure fluff. I found another quote that I just thought would work perfectly with Pam and Jim.

Mostly a Pam POV.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything, characters, quotes, so don't sue. 

The Real Lover is the Man who can Thrill You By

           

Kissing Your Forehead:

Pam walked into the kitchen followed by Jim who had the rest of the grocery bags. Pam was nervous she was preparing lunch for Jim’s parents, whom she was meeting for the first time. It was Friday night and his parents were coming over to Jim’s for Saturday lunch. They had put the groceries away, and Pam was running over the menu she had prepared in her head. She wanted to be sure that everything she did was perfect for Jim’s parents. Jim had already told her numerous times to calm down, to breathe and that they would love her, but she had already worked herself up way to much. She had been like this since lunch at work when it was like something clicked and she just realized that she was going to be having lunch with Jim’s parents. She never finished her sandwich because she had already started planning what to cook and what to wear.

But now standing in Jim’s kitchen thinking about food she heard her stomach growl. She looked down at her stomach and placed her hand over it. When she looked up she saw Jim looking at her trying to hide his smile.

“Guess you’re hungry there Beesly?”

“Yeah. I haven’t eaten since lunch. Well what do you want for dinner?” She asked turning to the fridge to start taking stuff out to prepare.

Jim grabbed her wrist. Pulled her over to him and placed his lips on her forehead and whispered, “Let me make dinner for you tonight.” Before pulling away he placed a gentle kiss just above her eyebrows. Pam felt her stomach tingle. With such a simple gesture Jim had been able to calm her down, and make her feel excited. She went, sat down and knew exactly how she was going to thank him after dinner.

 

Smiling Into Your Eyes:

            Pam looked up from her computer as she heard fingers grabbing some Jelly Bellies. She didn’t smile as Jim popped the two into his mouth. She was having the most boring/disgusting day. Jim had been gone all morning on sales calls, and Michael had kept coming over to her desk to ask her what she thought about threesomes. She didn’t know how much more she could take. She really just wanted to scream and run out of the office. Without saying anything Jim had gone back to his desk, and went back to work. This infuriated Pam. He hadn’t even tried to cheer her up.

            She stood up to go to the washrooms. She didn’t acknowledge him as she stalked past his desk. She stayed in the bathroom for ten minutes, avoiding Michael and his questions and her co workers. That ten minutes had done wonders she wasn’t in as bad a mood as before. When she got back to her desk she saw a pink post it note with six Hershey’s Kisses attached to it. She looked at the note a recognized Jim’s hurried scrawl across the little pink square. The note read:

                                                A kiss for every half hour I was away.

She raised her head and Jim was smiling at her, with her smile. The one that she knows is only for her. The smile radiated heat through her body, and she smiled back at Jim. She quickly grabbed another post it note and wrote: The roof 10 minutes!

She was smiling and blushing as she walked over to his desk and handed him the note.

 

Staring into Space:

They were lying out on the hammock in her parent’s backyard. Pam snuggled up to Jim as a cool fall breeze brushed over them. She had brought Jim home for the weekend to meet her parents and they were getting some alone time before dinner. Pam had been out with her mother all day, shopping, grabbing coffee and just talking about life. Jim had spent the afternoon with her dad watching sports and doing “guy things” as Jim had put it. Pam was perfectly happy in this moment. Sitting under the two trees with their leaves bright yellows and reds, she always loved sitting here in the fall when she was younger.

As another breeze came she turned her face into Jim’s chest. She looked down at their intertwined hands. Jim was tracing her index finger with his thumb, it was something he did when they watched a movie and even in his sleep too. She noticed that he did it unconsciously and she enjoyed it. Tearing her eyes away from their hands she looked up as his face. He wasn’t looking at her. He was looking out over the yard. Pam had seen that look, it was the look he got when he was thinking about his life, he just stared into space. She always wondered what he thought about when he did that. It gave her a thrill to think that as he stared into space he thought about their future together.

“Jim what are you thinking right now?”

Jim looked down at her and said, “You. Me. Well us, our future…”

Before Jim could finish his sentence she raised her self and kissed him.

The real lover is the man who can thrill you
By kissing your forehead
Or smiling into your eyes
Or just staring into space
- Marilyn Monroe  

Chapter End Notes:
I heard reviews stop global warming!! (not really... but wouldn't it be awesome if they did?)


PokerChips is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked The Real Lover also liked 2610 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans