12 [Reviews - 29] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: The moment the knock on the door came, I knew my life would change forever.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Alternate Universe Characters: None
Genres: Angst
Warnings: Violence/Injury
Series: None
Chapters: 10 Completed: No
Word count: 11213 Read: 22511 ePub Downloads: 2
Published: November 24, 2007 Updated: January 01, 2008
[Report This]
Story Notes:

I've had this little idea in my brain for awhile and decided to write it. It's dark at some points, but as an aspiring writer, sometimes you have to tackle the things that make you struggle as a writer. So, here is my attempt at straying from the norm. We've all read fics here at MTT that have this theme and I thank every one of those people that have tried to flesh out this situation. It's tough to concoct this is your mind sometimes, and I think every one of you have done a superb job at it. Here's to my attempt!!!!

Also, thanks to EmilyHalpert and WildBerryJam for the wonderful beta job. When I was new to MTT, one of EH's stories really stirred something in me. Thus, the reason for this fic. Thank you, I'm grateful. :)

And, I'm not trying to theive from The Office in anyway. Trust me.  

 

1. Chapter 1 by BeckySue [Reviews - 8] 3 (780 words)
The beginning of the saga....

2. Chapter 2 by BeckySue [Reviews - 3] 1 (941 words)
Thanks to WildBerryJam and Emily Halpert for the beta, and the one person that reviewed the first chapter. You're help and words of encouragement keep me going!

3. Chapter 3 by BeckySue [Reviews - 4] 2 (1441 words)
Thanks to the readers, reviewers, and my beta girls EmilyHalpter and WildBerryJam for all the support, encouragment, and love. You all are great!

4. Chapter 4 by BeckySue [Reviews - 3] 2 (780 words)
Thanks to the great and powerful WildBerryJam and EmilyHalpert for their lovely assitance in helping me write this. EH, I dedicate this chapter to you. Thank you for your insight to this totally painful subject.

5. Chapter 5 by BeckySue [Reviews - 4] 1 (882 words)
Thanks to my superbeta's WBJ and EH! You gals rock.

6. Chapter 6 by BeckySue [Reviews - 1] (914 words)
Thanks to EH and WBJ for the beta work! Gracias! You rock.

7. Chapter 7 by BeckySue [Reviews - 1] 1 (1298 words)
Thanks to my beta girls EH and WBJ. Thanks for everything....even the pep talks and the late night conversations. You girls make my day.

8. Chapter 8 by BeckySue [Reviews - 2] 1 (852 words)
Thanks to the lovely and talented EH and WBJ!

9. Chapter 9 by BeckySue [Reviews - 2] 1 (2164 words)
As always, thanks to my beta girls.

10. Chapter 10 by BeckySue [Reviews - 1] (1161 words)

I've been though the loss of loved ones. Granted, I wasn't as close as I should have been with them, but it still pained me to see them slip away. I've lost friends my age and have been closely affected by some of their deaths. And, this is where I get my insight and inspiration for this story. It's from watching, learning, listening, and following the stories of these families that have trudged on, even after their loved one is gone.

So now, I dedicate this to Matt, who passed away December 28th, 2007. He was such a kind, young spirit and a great brother to my friend. Sadly, his life ended after fifteen years, by an unexpected skiing accident. This story is dedicated to the families that have lost someone just like in this case.

Thanks to WBJ and EH. For everything.....