- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Wrote this a while ago and thought it was just too fluffy. But whatever, I like fluff. And honestly, I'm not that fond of kids but wouldn't Jim make a great dad?

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended. *****************************************************

Pam woke with a start. She'd been sleeping soundly and now she was alarmed. What was that noise?

Glancing around the room to satisfy herself that she was alone, she tiptoed down the hall. A dim light glowed from under one of the doors. Quiet as she could, she pushed the door open and peeked inside.A smile broke out over her face and she breathed a contented sigh.

Jim was sitting in the rocking chair, moving slowly back and forth. He was singing very softly:
 
Islands in the stream
That is what we are
No one in between
How can we be wrong
Sail away with me
To another world...

Pam could see that sweet little face, sound asleep and resting on his shoulder. She paused in the doorway and reflected for a moment on the turn her life had taken.

Jim had always been a great friend to her but once Pam took a chance on loving him she was finally able to discover all the other wonderful things about him.

She had always suspected he would be a caring lover and he had surpassed even her wildest expectations.

She knew he would be everything she had ever wanted in a husband and he had made it his mission in life to make her feel like the luckiest woman in the world.

But she had been completely overwhelmed by how he had just taken to his more recent role as father. Pam had never been very good with kids and she was worried about being a good mother but Jim's excitement and enthusiasm had eased her mind. He had been by her side through every step of her pregnancy and it brought tears to her eyes to recall how excited he had been in the delivery room and afterwards when they brought their baby girl home. He was so in love with his little family.

As she stepped forward, the floorboards creaked just a little and Jim stopped singing. He didn't turn around, but Pam could hear the smile in his voice.

"Hey, you. I was trying to let you sleep."

Pam tiptoed around the chair to look into his eyes. She reached out to gently stroke their daughter's hair, soft and so like her father's. "Was she crying?"

"No, but I couldn't sleep and I wanted to spend a little quality daddy time with my daughter."

"And that's the song you chose to sing?" Pam laughed softly. "Well, now that I'm awake how about we put the baby to bed and you can spend a little quality husband time with your wife?"

Jim grinned at her and settled the baby down into the crib. Then he swept Pam off her feet and carried her back down the hall. Placing her carefully on the bed he stretched out next to her and smiling, he pulled her into his arms.

As she sank into him she whispered in his ear, "I love our quality time together."

He loved her. He loved their life together. He was utterly content as he sighed, "Me too."



Par5 is the author of 29 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Quality Time also liked 1670 other stories.
This story is part of the series, Happily Ever After. The previous story in the series is Sunset. The next story in the series is Bridging the Gap.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans