- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Jim and Pam plot on how to get Dwight and Angela back together. General Season 4 Spoilers.
Author's Chapter Notes:
What if Jim and Pam started scheming on how to get Dwight and Angela back together. Starts with Money, and will eventually go beyond our short season 4.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


The plan had been hatched that night as they lay in bed, Harry Potter dancing in their heads. Her head was on his stomach, and they were trying hard not to fall asleep. The line where the beds came together was uneven under his back, and his feet were starting to fall asleep from hanging off the end, but this was kind of perfect so he didn't mind much. The night seeped in through the floor boards, and the window sills and he was imagining they were on a raft, afloat for the first time, and alone in a way that was not lonely, but more of a finally.

"It's probably a bad idea to meddle." he had said into her hair.

"Mmm, maybe, but when two people belong together . . ."

But her words were lost, and he waits for that little hum. She blames it on her allergies, and he teases her about keeping him awake. But it sounds like kittens and he kind of likes it on nights like this.

Operation Kurt and Noelle is what they agreed to call it, and the next day the opportunity for contact with their targets presented itself.

They both looked on, horrified, but unable to turn away, as Angela cradled her new cat Garbage in her arms and finally agreed to go out with Andy.

"You may ask me out to dinner. Nothing fancy or foreign. No bars. No patios. No vegetables. And no seafood."

It was only a quick glance, but with the simple exchange, Jim knew what had to be done. He took a deep breath, and followed Dwight into the stairwell. He had no idea what he was going to say. He remembered saying that maybe this wasn't such a great idea. And then he remembered the irony in her sleepy words.

"Did I ever tell you why I left Scranton?"

The world was iridescent blue for a second. It was May, he felt sick and his hands were sweaty.

"I can't?"

He couldn't tell if Dwight was listening or not, but he went on. He knew exactly what Dwight was feeling and it came pouring out easier than he had imagined it would.

"I couldn't sleep, I couldn't concentrate on anything . . ."

"I'm really sorry if you misinterpreted things. It's probably my fault."

The memory of all those long afternoons at the Stamford branch washed over him. What he mostly remembers is the strange and lonely view from the window by his desk. The weird lighting in the office that was always too bright, and the back of Andy's head.

"And isn't something I'd wish on my worst enemy."

For a brief moment the image of Pam, in that pink coat walking out of Phyllis's wedding, hand in hand with Roy bobbed to the surface. Maybe he and Dwight had more in common that he thought.

Dwight was still pressed against the wall.

"And that includes you." Jim finished, suddenly wanting to see her, feel her skin, know for sure that she was really his.

By the end of the day, Dwight had seemed to come back to his normal self and Jim had only smiled to himself when Dwight pushed his stack of papers off the edge of the desk with a ruler.

On his way out he had slapped Dwight on the back (which he knew Dwight hated with a fiery passion).

"Goodnight, Dwight"

"Damn it Jim . . ." Dwight started knowing there would be a post it on the back of his jacket.

But he stopped in his tracks as he read the words that Jim had scrawled onto it.

Never, ever, ever give up.
























Chapter End Notes:
Next chapter up soon. If you have any suggestions on some fun ways that Pam and Jim try to push Dwight and Angela together let me know!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans