38 [Reviews - 77] Printer ePub eBook
Past Featured StorySummary: This is a holiday inspired fic based on Season Two's Christmas Party. A look into what inspired Jim to get the teapot, and why Pam swapped Dwight for it. From there, it is an AU look at what happens when Pam realizes that Jim took back the infamous Christmas Card and why she's desperate to find out what Jim wrote.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Episode Related Characters: Jim/Pam, Pam/Roy
Genres: Angst, Holiday, Romance, Workdays
Warnings: None
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: Yes
Word count: 17207 Read: 27078 ePub Downloads: 14
Published: December 06, 2007 Updated: March 22, 2008
[Report This]
Story Notes:

 

Title from Robert Louis Stevenson.

My sincere gratitude to colette, supersudzgirl, and cousin mose, for encouraging me to write on this topic, even though it certainly has been written about by many other talented MTT writers. I hope this one measures up - you all have set a pretty high standard. :-)

1. Chapter 1 by uncgirl [Reviews - 29] 11 (3561 words)
Many Many thanks to xoxoxo for betaing and helping with the search for a title, and to brokenloon and stablergirl for excellent beta work and support. You are all terrific friends!

2. Chapter 2 by uncgirl [Reviews - 16] 9 (3842 words)

I must extend my sincere thanks to xoxoxo and brokenloon - if it weren't for these two special people I would have torn this chapter up and would still be rocking myself in a corner.  Thanks for you help and suggestions.  I feel that this chapter was a team effort. 

 

Also, thank you to everyone who reviewed the last chapter.  Your kind words have meant so much to me.  I didn't think this fic would get this kind of response, I am very grateful.   

Lastly, I see this chapter as a bridge taking us from where we were to where we all want to go ie happy Christmas JAM fic.  It was hard to write for that reason, but I hope it isn't hard to read.

Disclaimer:  I still don't own the Office or these characters, no copyright infringement intended. 

3. Chapter 3 by uncgirl [Reviews - 16] 8 (3734 words)

I'm very sorry I took so long to update.  The holidays got hectic and then I had a terrible case of writers block.  So, in case you forgot where we were, Pam knows about the card, she broke up with Roy and Jim knows that, and Dwight told Pam that the card is hidden in Jim's desk.  Enjoy!

I would also like to thank xoxoxo and brokenloon for their awesome beta work on this chapter, and thank you to everyone who reviewed the last chapter and inquired about the next one.

4. Chapter 4 by uncgirl [Reviews - 16] 10 (6070 words)

I would like to thank each and every one of you for the amazing response to this fic.  It has been such fun to see people enjoy reading it as much as I have enjoyed writing it.

A special thanks to my betas:  brokenloon, xoxoxo,  and stablergirl.   All of you are the best!  This was a hard chapter for me and each of you has helped me from going insane!  None of this would be as fun without each of you.

Lastly, thank you to the lovely ladies on the board who helped me with my posting issues.  Again, a special thanks to xoxoxo for posting this for me.