- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. I own nothing! Except the keyboard with which I type. ^_^
Author's Chapter Notes:
Sorry this is so short...the idea just came to me.
The next chapters will be longer! I promise =]


Pam leaned her head against the cool glass of the conference room window. She sighed as Michael continued to rant on about the quality of the coffee this morning. Pam hated conference meetings, especially when he wasn't there. She always chose this seat near the window, secluded from everyone else when he was gone.


It's not that he wasn't there, no, it's just that he wasn't around anymore. Michael had moved him temporarially into the annex because he claimed that Jim was making him nervous. He never stopped to talk to her after work, never leaned on her desk for a jelly bean, and he completely avoids her eyes when he leaves for the day. Doesn't even come for the meetings anymore. She wondered if it was something she did or said. Her party is tonight and she'd invited him, but doubted now that he'd come. She loves him so much and now she's sure she won't get the chance to tell him. She knows it's bad timing but she's breaking everything off with Roy tonight even if it is at a party, she can't stand to be with him anymore.


Her thoughts were cut short when she saw him approach the door to the conference room.


"Michael--" he started.


"JIMBO!!" Michael interupted. "How's work going..you know, you can move back now..I uh. I'm good now if you know what I mean." At that everyone raised their heads and looked towards Michael. "Oh..I..hmm how can I explain--"


"You moved him because you said he was taller than you and that he made you nervous!" chimed in Dwight. Chuckling could be heard towards the back of the room and Michael's face flushed. "No, Dwight. You..just. Shut it."


"But--" Dwight said.


"No!" Michael spat.


Jim mumbled something inaudable "Okay thanks Michael. I'm just gonna head out now alright?" It wasn't really a question he was going to leave whether Michael said he could or not. He noticed Pam looking at him from over in the corner and gave her a small smile. Maybe he would go to her party after all. He never meant to ignore her, it was just that every time he looked at her the pain came back. He couldn't stand it anymore, but now he couldn't stand being away from her.


He was suprised to see her smiling back but quickly averted his eyes toward the window. It was snowing outside.


"Jim?" Oscar said as Jim seemed to be looking dazed. "Hmm? Oh! Sorry. I'll uh..I'll see you later." he cleared his throat and walked toward the exit.


Maybe he would indeed go to that party.




jhalpert14 is the author of 0 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans