- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I love these five things stories. I couldn't help myself :). Again, nothing is mine yada yada.
Five Things Jim Would Never Admit

I.

Jim is a master baker.

Whenever he gets stressed or upset he goes into the kitchen and spends a couple hours making a cake, pie, or come other kind of treat.

Mark found it hilarious at first. Jim had come home the first day from his new job and made a huge batch of peanut butter cookies. Mark had teased him up until he had tasted the first cookie. Now, Jim can cook all he wants.

Mark came home late the night Jim was going to his office’s casino night. He tossed his keys onto the table and noticed the light on in the kitchen. Confused he walked in, he would have thought Jim would be sleeping at this time.

“Jim?” Mark walked into the kitchen to find Jim sitting at the table icing a huge cake with chocolate frosting. His eyes were red and a bottle of beer sat on the table next to him.

“Hey,” He muttered, getting another scoop of frosting.

“What’s up?” Mark dipped his finger in the bowl of frosting and sat down next to him.

“I told Pam,” Jim smoothed down the top of the cake and sat back heavily. “I’m leaving for another job.”

Mark nodded slowly and looked back at the counter that was covered in cookies and brownies.

“Sorry man,” Mark rubbed his friend’s back. Jim swallowed and rubbed his hands on a towel. The only sound was Jim washing the used bowls and other cooking utensils.

II.

Jim is scared to death of the dark.

One night when everyone had to stay late the electricity went out. The lights sputtered and then the office was cloaked in darkness.

His breath caught in his throat and he began to shake. He could hear the other employees complain loudly and Kelly letting out little screams from the back room.

“Do not panic!” Michael yelled from somewhere to his right. “I’m going to try to find a flashlight.”

Jim could feel himself breaking into a cold sweat as he ran a trembling hand through his hair. His breathing quickened and he tightened his hands on his arm rests.

Suddenly the lights flickered back on and everyone went back to work.

“Jim! You look like a ghost. Are you afraid of the dark?” Dwight smirked at him and he scoffed.

“Don’t be ridiculous Dwight,” Jim rolled his eyes and tried to get his rapid heartbeat under control.

III.

Jim still sleeps with stuffed animals.

He got Fish when he was three. Fish was a giraffe that his mother had gotten him at the zoo. He had screamed and cried until his mother, who was horribly embarrassed, bought it for him. Fish went everywhere with Jim and followed him to college and now to his new home.

Fish wasn’t doing so well unfortunately. His bright orange had faded into a dull dark yellow and he was missing an eye. Jim still loved him all the same and always perched him on the pillows when he made his bed.

Karen had laughed until tears ran down her cheeks. She had continued to make fun of Jim past the point of it being funny and to the point of it almost hurting. He knew it was a little weird that a grown twenty-seven year old would own a stuffed giraffe but he was part of Jim’s childhood.

When Pam had come over she awed and hugged Fish tightly commenting on how cute he was. Jim knew he loved her at that moment.

IV.

Jim loves watching professional ice skating.

He was always in awe at the grace and beauty of the couple moving together. Jim would always hold his breath with every jump or twirl and let it out when they landed smoothly.

“Hey Jim,” Mark called as he walked through the door. Jim dove for the remote and turned the channel to ESPN before leaning back into the couch.

“Hey,” He called back.

“Good game on?” Mark asked as he plopped down onto the couch next to him.

“Yup,” Jim shrugged and hoped the Tivo was getting the rest of the contest.

V.

Jim watches wedding shows.

He knows that every woman starts planning their wedding at approximately age five and that every man doesn’t think about it until about the week before. However his sister was obsessed and got him into it too.

Jim got into the habit of filing away information for future use. He knows he wants white orchids and many candles throughout the room. He wants a blue theme for his wedding and to have chocolate cake with butter creme filling.

He was eating lunch with Pam one day and she was showing him her sketch book. She turned to a page that had several orchids sketched perfectly.

“What’s that?” He asked before he could help himself, taking another swig of grape soda.

“Oh, orchids are my favorite flower. I’ve always wanted white orchids for my wedding,” She trailed off and blushed slightly but Jim grinned.

“Really? What else?” He asked.

“I love the romantic candle light idea and I think a blue theme would be classy,” Pam shrugged and turned to the next page.

Jim had to lean back to hide the bright grin spreading across his face.


Siochan is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Five Things Jim Would Never Admit also liked 1883 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans