- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Beta’s extraordinaire BeckySue, EmilyHalpert, Shariep and PhatHalpert deserve mad props and a bucketful of beets for their help in this little story :) They helped provide inspiration and are more wonderful than they know. For shizz. Don’t own anything and the title is actually from a Hanson song “Strong Enough To Break.” Yes, I’m that big of a dork. *shrugs*

 

 

A whisper in the dark.

"Jim"

Silence.

"Jim."

He smiles against his pillow, "Yeah?"

"I can't sleep."

"Just close your eyes and count the beets."

"No, I mean, I can't sleep... alone."  Her voice gets quiet and soft, like a little child. 

"I told you we should just push the beds together."

He hears an over exaggerated sigh in response from the other side of the room.

"We can't move the beds!  Dwight'll hear us!"

The truth is, he can't sleep alone either.

Metal scrapes across the hard floors.

"You're entirely to blame for this, Halpert."

He slips his arm around her waist and presses his lips against the soft spot below her ear, "There, much better."



WildBerryJam is the author of 18 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Things Keep Coming and I Keep Wondering also liked 2509 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans