- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Why am I suddenly obsessed with closets?

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

He grins in the dark, her hands clamp his forearms. "The second time I kissed you was in a closet."

"Third." She says with a laugh.

"Huh?"

"Third time Jim." She sighs.

"Before we go through with tomorrow - you should know something about me. I do my best work in confined spaces." He laughs back at her. "Are you telling me we're keeping count? What number are we on now?"

She ignores his question and takes a step back, almost getting swallowed by the coats hanging there. "What are we doing here exactly?"

"Hiding." His eyes are adjusting to the dark and he can see the top of her head, nestled between his wool coat and her down jacket. His arms curl around her.

She gives absolutely no resistance as she melts against him. "Jim."

"Who invited all these people?" He whispers as he bends his head and presses a kiss on the side of her jaw. His hand rests on the small of her back as he pulls her closer to him. "I haven't had five minutes alone with you all day."

"You did." She sighs. "We did." She shifts and her hands slide up to his chest. "How long have we been in here?"

"Two minutes - tops." He mumbles as his lips slide down the length of her throat.

"We still have five left." She whispers as she tilts her head to give him better access. She suddenly tastes wool as her mouth meets her scarf.

"Huh?"

"Did you not play this game in grammar school Jim?" She says with mock disgust. His hands are now gliding up and under her sweater. "OK." She says as she feels them travelling higher. "OK." She breathes. "I was so not that kind of girl in grammar school."

But even as she says the words she moves closer to him.

"You're that kind of girl now though right?" He whispers against her lips.

"Apparently." She giggles arching towards him.

His mouth meets hers and he kisses her breathless. "Bethann O'Flannigan."

"Huh?"

"The game Beesly. I've played it before. She was my first." He chuckles against her neck.

"Well - if we're naming names. Bobby Williamson." She can feel him tugging at the hem of her sweater again. "Jim."

"I'll never forget it." He shakes his head. "She freaking broke my nose."

"NO!" She laughs loudly. She gives him a knowing look. "Let me guess. You had your hands up her sweater."

"Well - I'll admit I tried. C'mon now. It was a great opportunity." He leans back and gives her a mischievous grin, his hands moving wickedly over her skin. "And of course, she wasn't quite as easy as you."

"I was far from easy back then. I never got very far with Bobby. He barely lasted a minute and a half. He was deathly afraid of the dark." She shivers as his mouth nibbles a path back up her neck.

He doesn't reply, just presses his lips against hers again deepening the kiss as she sighs.

"Jim." She gasps and tries halfheartedly to swat his hands away. "We can't stay in here all night."

"No one's looking for us." He promises.

She laughs in his face. "Oh, I beg to differ. We are the only reason they are here."

"So?" He's unconvinced.

"So." She smiles as she touches a hand to his cheek. "It's our rehearsal dinner."

"Ah yes." He replies as if it's the first time he's realized it.

"We have to go." Her words are muffled by his kiss.

"Not so fast." He curls his arms around her waist, holding her still as his finger presses the button on his watch, illuminating the face for a split second. He peers over her head and notes the time. "I've still got a minute and a half. I need to tell you - I put Bobby Williamson to shame. My technique has improved vastly since the run-in with Bethann."

"Well then. Show me what you got, Halpert." She smiles as her lips meet his. "You'd better make 'em count."


xoxoxo is the author of 67 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 9 members. Members who liked Seven Minutes in Heaven (Redux) also liked 2555 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans