- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Don't own anything remotely related to The Office except for a hatred of this ongoing strike.

The day had finally come.  Most of the people from work were there.  He fidgeted a bit in his tux while the priest spoke to the audience.  Irrational panic was bubbling up in his stomach.  The nerves that where tingling the tips of his fingers churning his inside subsided when he looked into her eyes.  She was so beautiful.  Her hair was loose and slightly curled.  He smiled at her, remembering when she always wore it pulled back.  Even then she was the most beautiful woman he had ever known.  She entwined her small hands with his.  Despite all of their problems, they had finally made it.  Finally. 

He heard his name spoken.  The moment of truth was here.  The priest asked him a question.  The most important question ever in fact.  He only had one response.  “Absolutely I do.” 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later at the reception he milled around, generally ignorant of everything around him except his new bride.  She was at the far end of the reception hall, getting pictures made with her family.  He was, maybe for the first time in his life, truly happy.  That is until his perpetual nemesis from the office approached him.  And he had her with him as well.  He was amazed they were still together.  He had to reluctantly admit they did share some weird connection that he probably would never understand. 

“Hello Jim.” 

“Hey Dwight.  Nice tux.  I assume that is the same one you wore to that casino night a few years back?” 

“Of course.  It is a perfectly serviceable piece of clothing.  And the odor is gone.  I made sure of it before putting it on.” 

“Uh, that’s….great.  Look, I just wanted to tell you something.” 

“No congratulations are needed or expected therefore will not be accepted.” 

“Good because all I was going to say was that you stole my line.” 

“What?  Don’t be an idiot.  Your date uttered it to me once when I ruled all of you.  Therefore I am allowed to take it for my own.” 

Jim glanced at Pam, who was trying desperately not to laugh.  “Your line huh?”

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!


realitycheck is the author of 12 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans