- Text Size +

“Hello?” Jim rolled his eyes a bit at whoever was on the other end of his cell phone line, nodding his head impatiently. He re-directed his gaze at Pam. “My sister says ‘Happy Valentine’s Day,’ and that she’s sorry to interrupt.” Pam smiled and shrugged.

 “What’s up?” Jim continued. “Yeah, I don't know…No, I'll have to ask her. What? We just finished eating dinner." He started laughing, and Pam let herself get lost in the sound. She was utterly in love with this man. She loved his laugh, his smile, and the way his eyes were twinkling at her as he finished his conversation.

 “Sure, I’ll call you back tomorrow, OK? Yeah. OK, sis. Love you too…Bye.” He grinned at Pam as he flipped the phone closed. “Sorry about that,” he said. 

“What does she want you to ask me?” Pam snuggled closer to Jim on the couch, and sighed contentedly as he slipped his arm around her. He paused a moment, squeezing her gently around the shoulders before answering her. 

“Hmph. My sister, with her normal impeccable timing, decided that 9:00 pm on Valentine’s Day was a good time to call and find out if you were going to be my date for the next Halpert family wedding.” 

Pam laughed. “What? I mean, yeah, of course I will. It seems like the girlfriend-y thing to do, and all. Who’s getting married?” 

“Well…and please keep in mind that you have already agreed to be my date at the shin-dig…” Jim pulled his arm away from her and removed a small box from his pocket. “That would be me.”

 

 

Chapter End Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



nqllisi is the author of 87 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 15 members. Members who liked Impeccable timing also liked 2888 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans