- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi all. This is my first story, and I have it all written but the last chapter, which I'll finish this week. I will probably post a couple of chapters a day until I'm done. I hope everyone likes this story. I've been reading stuff on here for a little while, and figured I needed to contribute and earn my keep. So here it is.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
March 22, 2005

Jim Halpert was nervous. He had spent the last four years of his life away from this place, and now, here he was back in high school. Four years of undergraduate education at Penn State, and now here he was back at West Scranton High School. When he left four years ago, he was positive he would never come back. But here he was, waiting to interview for a teaching position at his alma mater. He wondered about this new principal; he heard he was quite a character. He was also glad that there was a new principal, because there was no way the old principal would even consider hiring him after the senior prank he orchestrated. At the time, he found it hilarious to have the principal’s car towed to the center of the football field. Okay, it wasn't just at the time- it was still funny. His mom wasn’t happy when they considered not letting him walk at graduation, but c’mon, he was a senior and the class clown- it was his sworn duty to create a perfect senior prank. And when he combined that with everyone leaving their car at home so that the school buses were completely overfilled and the administration was overwhelmed with the complaints of parents whose children were stuck at school until the buses could get back, well, he felt he had done his duty.

But now, he was thinking of becoming one of them. He was applying to become a teacher. He hadn’t really seen himself doing this when he was here the first time, but the more he thought about it, the more he liked it. He always had a knack with people, and one day he decided that it might be cool to help inspire America’s youth. Or something like that. He just thanked his lucky stars that this principal was a total outsider who had never heard anything about him.

“Mr. Halpert?” said the secretary, shaking him from his reverie.

“Yes?” he answered.

“They’re ready for you. Go on in.”

“Thanks,” he grinned, starting to feel a bit nervous. Here goes nothing, he thought.
Chapter End Notes:
Next up: The interview.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans