- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I really own nothing. Not even a Dwight bobble head. :(

WildBerryJam was way awesome here, for reading my rough rough draft and making it make sense. And also for saying TWSS a lot.

            “Hey Pam? You’ve got keys to the office? Right?”

            Pam’s eyes sparkled. She nodded excitedly. She knew Jim was planning something for April Fool’s Day. He had been thinking all weekend, trying to think the perfect prank.

            “What’ve you got planned?”

            “Let’s go.” Jim motioned towards the door.

            The entire car ride back to the office, Pam begged him to let her in on the secret. He had a bag of supplies which was safely stowed away in the trunk, but that was all Pam knew.

            When they reached the office, Pam stood at the front of the door, but she didn’t unlock it.

            “Uh, Pam, you said you had the keys.” Jim said, fidgeting in the cold.

            “I do.”

            “So… why aren’t you unlocking the door?”

            “Not until you tell me what we are doing,” Pam bribed.

            “Come on Pam, I’ll tell you inside, its cold.”

            “Nope. Now.”

            “Fine.” Jim reluctantly agreed. He carefully outlined his plan to Pam. “Now can we go in?”

            Pam smiled, “yes.”

 

            Once inside the office, both got to work. It took over an hour to get everything ready, and then another 30 minutes to make sure it was all set up correctly.

            “We’ve got it all, right? You checked?” Jim questioned Pam before they left.

            “Yes, checked, double checked, tripled checked. We’re ready for tomorrow.” Pam replied. “Now can we get home, it’s late and I’m tired.”

            “We’ll see about that.” Jim smiled, and reached over to tickle Pam.

            “Uncle! Uncle!” Pam cried out laughing. “Okay, I’m awake now….” Pam grinned mischievously.

            “Uh oh,” Jim said laughing. He knew what was coming when Pam got that look. He started running away, as Pam chased him. They both collapsed in front of the stairs, laughing.

 

            “Are you ready yet?” Jim asked Pam impatiently.

            “This is like Christmas for you, isn’t it?” she teased back. He had been up since six that morning, and had been anxious to get to work ever since. “Normally I have to drag you in, but no… today you want to get there early.”

            “Come on Pam, I want to see reactions. Pranks are no fun if you can’t see the reactions.”

            “Yes, but if you get there first, everyone will know something’s up! Just a little while longer, then we can leave, I promise.”

            Jim sulked. “Fine. But if we miss something…”

            “I know, you’ll hate me.”

            “Forever and ever.”

 

            They arrived at the office just before 8:30, still early enough to beat Dwight, but late enough to (hopefully) avoid much suspicion from others. Just to be careful, Pam parked further away from the door than normal, hoping Dwight wouldn’t notice the car.

            By the time they arrived, a few other people were already there. Pam caught sight of Toby in the breakroom, while Phyllis was at the watercooler. Angela glared at them as they walked in the door, but quickly went to work.

            Jim motioned towards Phyllis, “You’ll check, right?” he whispered to Pam.

            Pam nodded and went to talk to Phyllis, while Jim head back to fill Toby in.

            “Phyllis, can I talk to you for a second?”

            “Of course, Pam.”

            “You in?”

            “I’m in. It’ll be so much fun. I can’t wait. Is there anything else I should know?”

“Nope. Whatever’s in the note is all you need. Thanks!”

 

            Pam and Jim pretended to get to work, both impatient for Dwight to arrive. It figured that today would be the day he was running late.

            Every time the door opened, Jim would glance at Pam, trying to figure out by her reaction whether it was Dwight or not. Finally, at 8:47, the door opened. Jim quickly looked up. Pam quickly put her head down, trying to cover a smile. This was it.

 

            “JIM!”

Chapter End Notes:
a few more chapters will be posted (hopefully today)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans