- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Apparently I'm unable to control myself.  Requested by kath...and shockingly haven't seen it done before.  It very well may have been, but here's my take.

The first one I actually recycled from myself.  LAZY.  LOL!  I've been told it's a favorite so I had to include.  See Chapter 15 of Beginnings for more details.

The rest I just think are cute.

I really think I'm done now. 

2 more days....2 more days......

Three Ways Jim Pops the Question (and two ways he doesn’t)

1)       

She surprises him by moving to Stamford.  Once she's there - they take things incredibly slow.   She finds work answering phones in an art gallery.

They go to the Cape for the weekend and after months of trying his patience, she finally allows herself give in.

Soon after, they spend the holidays at her parent's.  He asks her father if it’d he’d give him the honor while he’s half distracted watching the Eagles game.

He waits for the perfect moment.  On the night she shows her first piece of artwork he places the ring on his dresser and gives her a reason to wander there.  She walks over unevenly, one shoe off, one shoe on.

And she finds it.

2)

They’re at the table with bowls of cornflakes, just like your typical Saturday.   She’s reading aloud from US Weekly.

He teases her about starting to sound like Kelly.

He's mesmerized, watching her sitting there twirling her hair around her finger absentmindedly and so he decides to take her by surprise.

Milk spills all over the latest news of Brad and Angelina when she gives him her answer.

3)

Once she breaks things off with Roy he cashes in his ticket to Australia.  He’d managed to find a very sympathetic customer service representative.

A year later they’re sitting at home, watching a movie that makes both their lists and she’s lamenting the fact that she feels like they never go anywhere.

He suggests flying spur of the moment to distant desert since they’ve developed a fondness for casinos and Texas Hold ‘Em.  Once they arrive the drinks flow freely, the opportunities are many.

They wake up the next morning with matching headaches, and a twin set of gold bands on their left hands.

Seemed she’d already said “I do” before he’d thought to ask the question.

4)

It’s Christmas Eve and they’ve just gotten home from his Mother’s house.  She’s giddy and high on the half dozen sugar cookies she’d had for dessert.

She kneels at the base of the tree, shaking boxes near her ear, completely incorrigible.  He tells her she can open one of them tonight if she wants to.

All she needs to do is answer a question first.

5)

He doesn’t get a chance.

She beats him to it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



xoxoxo is the author of 67 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked Things You Can Count On One Hand also liked 1706 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans