- Text Size +

Unbind

Two times Jim lets Pam´s hair down and one when he doesn’t – or the author´s way to bring Pam’s change in season 4 under a new light.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1.

The first time he gets the urge to do something about it she’s in the living room painting, using memories to bring the canvas to life. She has that look on her face, concentrated – her brow furrowed, and a half smile that just lingers at the corners of her mouth. Her hair is in a bun, small curls releasing, framing her.

It should hang loose, brushing her skin like paint onto canvas.

Silently he walks over, stands just behind her, his hands uncurling, long fingers reaching out. Within a second her hair (glorious, soft, free,) falls around her, tickling her nose, getting in her way.

Bothered now, she turns, catches his not so hidden smirk, annoyance in her eyes.

The next thing he knows his face is brushed with paint. Retaliation is easy and soon enough they are swirling, twirling, running around using hands and brushes to cover each other (living room) in hues he doesn’t even know the name of. To him they are green, blue, yellow and red (her).

On the floor, later; her hair fanned over his body, his mark a trail of colour every shade of the rainbow. He makes her name each and everyone, filling in the silences with make belief stories of the how and why and then that makes her giggle.

He loves her like this.

He loves her.

2.

The second time he tries, he hides every scrunchy, every hairpin, every barrette he can get his hands on.

They are late for dinner with her friends and he is patiently waiting, still quite clueless as to the how and whys it takes her such a long time to get ready when in his mind she is rather close to perfect just stumbling out of bed.

There are doors slamming, loud sounds of irritation omitted from the bathroom and in just a minute he knows she will expand her search towards the living room, stumbling onto him on the couch, making faces about being stressed and late and just utteringly adorable.

They end up cancelling dinner, sneaking out of bed in the middle of the night for a midnight snack at the kitchen counter.

In the morning his hands are gentle when he brushes out the tangles sleep wrought her.

3.

The first day back to work she wears her hair down.

He can’t take his eyes away from her.

Not unusual, but different this time when she is real and the dreams of yesterday are nothing but hidden memories in the corner of his mind.

Fin

 

Chapter End Notes:

I got the bug, and it's hard to shake. Didn't even know that there could be two fics in this jumbled mind :)

Thanks for reading.

Chapter End Notes:
I got the bug, and it's hard to shake. Didn't even know that there could be two fics in this jumbled mind :)

Thanks for reading.


argentlife is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Unbind also liked 2716 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans