- Text Size +
Story Notes:
DISCLAIMER - a sentence in order to dissuade from ownership, aka attempting to save ones own ass.

This is purely fiction. This idea is mine, but everything else belongs to Greg Daniels and Co. I do not own.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This came to me while at work one day. Let me know if you like it. And keep in mind Im un-beta'd, so if there are punctuation marks missing, just imagine theyre there.
Dear Jim,

If you're reading this, that means that the messenger bag always draped over your shoulder isn't just for show. You actually keep things in there. I'm sorry I'm writing this right before your interview at Corporate, but there are some things I needed to say before you get the job in New York (because you will.)

I know I said a lot of things at the beach the other day. That I missed you, and that I miss our friendship. But thats not entirely true. Sure, I miss you. That's obvious. But I also hate you. Because the things that you do to me without you even knowing are what kill me, but also make me feel alive. Your probably thinking you already know this, but you dont, Jim. You dont know that you made me love you all those years ago. Yes, I said years. I just didnt have the courage to change my life to reflect my feelings. You dont know the things that I wish I could scream from the rooftops. You dont know that ever since that night with the charity casino event, you've managed to kill me with your leaving, your coming back and with your girlfriend. Dont get me wrong, if she makes you happy, thats great, but it kind of just reminds me what could have been. It kills me that my being with Roy killed you. I guess we're all paying for that one, huh? But walking over those coals gave me the courage to do whatever I wanted. Your eyes quickly told me that I couldnt. But I dont care. Fancy New Beesly doesnt care what anyone thinks. I did that for me. But Im doing this, sneaking this letter into your messenger bag, mere moments before you and Karen leave, this is only for me. You can take what you will from it. I need to feel the courage I felt walking over those coals again. And only you can bring that make it happen and take it away.

I guess what Im trying to say is that I more than just miss you. When it comes to you, you're more than everything else in my life. You're more than just a best friend, youre more than just a co-worker, and you're more than the guy who told me he loved me. You're everything.

I dont think giving you this letter will change anything. Half of the things I just told you I always wanted you to already know, and that you were planning on getting a job in New York to spite that. I guess what Im trying to say is Good Luck in New York, Jim. Dont forget us when your famous.

Love,
Pam.

PS... I thought you should have my gold medal from the office olympics. It hasnt done me much good lately, so I thought Id give it to someone who could respect it.


"Jim?" Karen said from the drivers side of his car. "What is it?"

"Huh? Oh, nothing." He said, folding up the letter and putting it in his bag. "Just, nothing."

"Now leaving Pennsylvania." Karen said aloud. "Thank God, huh?"

Jim stared out the window. "Yup."
Chapter End Notes:
Please review. I still dont know how long this will go on (Ive got a lot of time between now and when school starts in Sept) but Ive got plenty of ideas. THANKS!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans