- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
"Okay, babe, we're home."

"Please stop."

"Stop what, babe?"

Pam groaned softly as she threw her coat onto the couch and stifled a smile. "Seriously, Jim. You've beaten it to death. Multiple times. Now let it go."

"You took me by the hand.." Jim began singing, as Pam rolled her eyes and smiled. He wrapped his arms around her waist. "Made me a man.." He continued, planting small kisses on her neck. "Made everything all right." Jim paused. "You know what would be really awesome?"

"What's that?"

"If Hunter and Kevin were in a band together."

Pam laughed. "Oh god no. Just. No." She broke free of his embrace and reached to take off her high heels. "No."

"Pam. I don't think you understand the brilliance that is this CD." Jim replied, holding it up as he scanned the back of it. "And combined with Kevin's awesome drumming skills, well, I don't think the world could ever be ready for it."

"You're such a dork." Pam said, walking into the kitchen. "And hey look, your apartment is dry. And still intact. Who knew?"

"Speaking of, I'm still mad at you. I had the chance to escape and you didn't let me."

"You were going to leave me by myself!" Pam replied, grabbing a water from the fridge. "No way were you going to get away with that."

"It's called taking one for the team." Jim said, gesturing between the two of them. "We're partners, right, you and me? I would have come back for you. Babe."

"I swear if you don't stop, I might stab you in the face."

"You need to do something about your violent tendencies." Jim replied, grinning. He walked past her and grabbed a banana from the fruit bowl on the table. "Know what's really weird though? I think they'll make it."

"Who? Michael and Jan?"

"Yeah. Think about it, there's really nobody on this earth that could ever put up with Michael Scott."

"Hmm, you could be right. How she does it is beyond me."

"Beesly, desires of the heart can never be understood. Look at me, I'm stuck with you. What's that about?"

Pam laughed and sat her water on the table. She shook her head and thought to herself maybe he had a point. She still hadn't figured out how she managed to wake up to him every morning, only that it was pretty much the coolest thing ever. "You love me." She replied, pulling him close as she laid her head on his chest. "Can't live without me. Remember, you tried."

Jim laughed and wrapped his arms around her. "Yeah. But maybe it was just like a first-time thing, you know? You know what they say, if at first you don't succeed, try again."

"Shut up."

"Psft. I managed over twenty years without you, and I think I could do it again. Don't be so clingy."

"Please. Dwight would be the one consoling you in the stairwell."

"Pam! I told you it was total sympathy one-time thing and I was temporary insane. Let's not speak of it again."

Jim grinned softly and kissed the top of Pam's head and squeezed her softly. "So we've had a pretty weird and interesting night and I need to do something to take my mind off it and maybe prevent the nightmares later."

Pam glanced up at him and kissed him softly, smiling. "What'd you have in mind?"

Jim sighed. "Um. Maybe something along the lines of you making me a man?"

Pam nodded her head slowly and stepped away, walking to his bedroom. "I can try. I'm not promising anything."

"Ooooh, nice. On that note, I think you should definitely try again if you don't get it right the first time around."
Chapter End Notes:

Oh show, never ever EVER leave me again. I can barely tolerate the stupid summer breaks. Seriously, those are only good when you're in middle school. Honestly. :)

Thanks for reading!!



oobadnama is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 7 members. Members who liked oh this love of mine also liked 2573 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans