- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
AU Jim and Pam at Phyllis' Wedding.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
“You’re mine.” he grumbled into her hair, his lips brushing against her neck, hitting that spot that made her knees go weak.

Trapped between his arm above her head, and the wall against her back, she thought about paper doves, night air, and Jim - her Jim, who was no longer really her Jim. Changed in a way that she had never seen coming. A crescendo of emotion engulfed her stinging her eyes.

“Jim I -” she faltered, losing the words in the unfamiliar inscrutability of his eyes.

His fingers, dug unflinchingly into her hip, her hands fell useless against her sides.

Her hesitation, still killed him. He wanted to shout: If you knew what I knew . . .

But instead he burned silently, as always. Waiting for her to decide. He knew this was the last time he would give her this much.

Her dress crinkled softly between them. The stubble on his jaw as he leaned into her sent warm jolts coursing through her, that landed softly near her toes. The ache of his remembered kiss, a flash of silky blue, then the complicated overcast.

“What about -”

“Don’t say her name. Not now.”, he breathed behind her ear.

It sent shivers up her arms that settled like lovely uncertain butterflies against her skin.

“But I - ”

“Don’t.” he said gruffly his fingers tightening their grip, drawing her closer, his other hand sliding down into her hair, his fingers tangling there.

He did not kiss her, not yet.

He had to know for sure this time. She couldn’t look at him across a room like that, leave him disoriented, crazy to do something crazy, without something igniting.

The hypothetical nature of their situation hung between them, on his lips, crossing over her face.

Time was gone he imagined that they were invisible, like ghosts. She was ready to jump, he could almost see it, and it nearly undid him. The band played on, singing songs about the Devil and the deep blue sea.

She only offered a slight shrug at the impossibility of things.

“I don’t love her.” he whispered.

“Prove it.” she said, for once, her gaze unwavering.


andromeda is the author of 12 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 13 members. Members who liked if you knew what i knew also liked 3078 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans