- Text Size +

 

April 7th, 2004, the 2nd day of Passover

Marjorie Smith woke up to the sound of a door closing and the sight of a rumpled pillow next to her. She went over the prior night in her mind. She had missed the Passover seder due to Michael Scott's insistence that all expense reports be finished last night. To compensate for missing her "fancy dinner," he had brought in a deli platter - rolls, ham, and cheese. She had taken one look at it and burst into tears; she couldn't eat any of it. When she tried to explain the Jewish dietary rules to him, Michael had suggested Weight Watchers.

A sympathetic co-worker had taken the opportunity to get Marjorie away from there; they had ended up at Marjorie's house sharing a bottle of Manischewitz and complaining about their boss. They had gotten tipsy fairly quickly, since neither had eaten anything since lunch. Things had moved to the bedroom amidst declarations of how it wouldn't ruin their friendship and it could be fun. But now in the sober light of day, she dreaded going into work. It was stupid to have a one-night stand with a co-worker, plus she wasn't looking for a lifestyle change. She hoped Phyllis would understand.

Chapter End Notes:

This is one more explanation for the following scene from Sexual Harassment. ;)

Toby: Office relationships are never a good idea. Yeah. So let's just try to avoid them. But, um, if you already have one, you should disclose it to HR.
Phyllis: All relationships? Eh, even a one-night stand?

Thanks to Swedge for the beta. I'm sure he prefers to take no responsibility for this. ;)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Too Late Kev is the author of 22 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Holiday: Just One Day Out Of Life. The previous story in the series is April Fool's Day: Who's Fooling Who?. The next story in the series is Earth Day: Much Ado About Nothing in Scranton.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans