- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Two years later - it turns out she can. 
Author's Chapter Notes:

uncgirl is so....great.  Also great? Afternoons spent eating good food and drinking good wine.

Just a little dribble drabble of proposal possibility.  It's not War and Peace - just a simple little thing I needed to jot down.

I know I have another story to finish - I promise this is just a minor diversion.

Hope you enjoy. :)

He can tell he's made her nervous.


She analyzes every single thing he does now. If he pauses during conversation she freezes. When he utters her name he can sense her bracing herself for some sort of declaration.


Still seeing her so jumpy only confirms one thing. He's confident of her answer.

For weeks, she stumbles as they walk together, she stammers as she says goodnight.


She insists she won't move in with him but refuses to leave his side.


He watches as she takes far too long to get ready whenever they go out for a casual dinner.


He sees her eyes tear up when he drops his pen and bends to retrieve it.


It's taken its toll and she's exhausted. Tonight, she wants to stay in. Just a movie, some pizza, nothing fancy at all.

As the credits roll her eyes flutter closed. He decides all at once he's had enough. He's tired of waiting for his life to finally start.

In the end it's something quiet and calm, something simple and sweet.

Sunlight streams through the window as she wakes; her hand resting over his heart, her head nestled under his chin.


She squints and wiggles her finger, the stone in the ring casting rainbows on the ceiling. She blinks in realization, smiles and relaxes against him. She shifts to press her lips to his.

She sighs as she answers the question he's left unspoken.

"Yes."


xoxoxo is the author of 67 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 11 members. Members who liked Quiet and Calm also liked 2294 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans