- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is my 2nd JAM fic, so, I'm still working on it. Consider this practice.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Like I said, I'm still working on my fan-fiction skills.
-=-



He watches her eyes close, locks of auburn falling over them as her breathing steadies.


He kisses her lightly on her shoulder before making his way carefully out of bed.


He shuts the blinds, blocking the late afternoon sun from disturbing his wife’s much deserved sleep.


No sooner then he turned around does he hear his daughters resounding cry through the electronic box next to their bed.


“Oh no,” he mutters, checking over his shoulder to find Pam unmoved by the disturbance.


He quickly walks down the hallway, opening the door to the light yellow nursery.


“Lizzy, please don’t cry…” he picks her up and places her against his chest, while shutting off the baby monitor with his other hand. “Shh… It’s ok… Please don’t cry Liz…”


He paces around the room, slowly rocking her in his arms. “How bout I sing you a song?”


Her cries subside a little, and she makes an odd gurgling noise before continuing her tantrum.


Jim chuckles while he racks his brain for songs. “Ok, your grandma says this one calmed me down when I was your age…” clearing his throat, he begins his crackly rendition.


Raindrops keep falling on my head
But that doesn’t mean my eyes will soon be turning red
Crying’s not for me
‘Cause I’m never gonna stop the rain by complaining
Because I’m free
Nothing’s worrying me



“Ok well clearly that’s not your style… Never pegged you as an oldies girl anyways.” he says, placing a kiss on her forehead as her cries intensify.


He checks the time. She couldn’t be hungry; Pam had just fed her minutes ago. He couldn’t smell any diaper incidents…


“Ok cutie, let’s try some nice relaxing Jack Johnson shall we? Though I got to warn you, my voice isn’t as practiced in this one…”


MMM it's always better when we're together
Yeah, we'll look at the stars when we're together
Well, it's always better when we're together
Yeah, it's always better when we're together



“Oh dear… you really don’t like him do you?” he asks, searching his mind for songs that might calm her down.


Her fit only worsens, and it’s all Jim can do to hold her closer to his chest.


“Ok, you’re killing me Liz. There’s gotta be something you like… Ok, this is your mommy’s favorite. I know, it’s corny, it’s cliché, and it’s overused, but she loves when I sing it…”


L is for the way you look at me
O is for the only one, I see
V is very, very, extraordinary
E is even more than anyone that you adore…



He paused, watching in awe as Liz’s screams were silenced, and her eyes slowly closed.


“Unbelievable.” He states as he sets her back in her crib. “You’re mother is going to go nuts when she hears about this…”


“That’s my daughter alright,” Jim’s head spins on a swivel to find Pam sleepily leaning against the doorframe.


“How long have you been there?”


“A couple minutes after you turned the volume to maximum on the baby monitor.” Jim’s attention turned to the baby monitor as Pam went over to her daughter to tuck her in.


“God she’s beautiful,” she mutters, adjusting the volume back, and walking to Jim.


“You know what else would be beautiful? You getting a good nights sleep for the first time in 10 months.”


She laughs softly in his chest as his arms wrap around her waist.


“It’s 6’o clock Jim.”


“Mmm… what were you aiming for? 7?”


“7:30. I’m hungry.”


“Can I interest you in some pasta? Perhaps breakfast for dinner?”


“How bout some of those famous Halpert grilled cheese sandwiches?”


“You’re on Beesley.”



-=-
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews always appreciated... Constructive criticism... I thrive on it almost as much as Ryan does.


Ellie is the author of 2 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Jim's Lullaby also liked 1311 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans