- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I don't own The Office, Jim, Pam, or any other characters from the show.

Everything was ruined. Jim had set up the perfect moment to propose to Pam, but Andy beat him to the punch. Now everyone was celebrating, or at least pretending to celebrate. The timing just wasn't right and Jim would have to wait for another moment. He couldn't believe that something so unlikely happened. What are the odds of two people proposing at almost the exact same time at the exact same place? It almost seemed as if some invisible force was trying to keep this from happening.

Jim began to put the ring back in his pocket, but suddenly his mind changed. He wasn't going to let this silly coincidental moment ruin everything he had planned. This was about him and Pam and their future. It's what he's dreamed about for years, and there's no reason to stop now.

"You know what? Screw it," Jim said. He got down on one knee and faced Pam, holding out the open ring box to her.

She noticed what he was doing and suddenly started shaking. This wasn't going to be another one of his pranks. The celebration in the background suddenly halted, but neither one of them noticed.

"Pam?" Jim said tenderly.

"Yes?" Pam replied through her watery eyes.

"Will you...", he continued, but he was so nervous he had to pause halfway through.

"Yes?!" Pam said, her voice rising with anticipation.

"...marry me?" he finished.

"She shook her head several times before she could find the actual words. "Yes," she said softly. "I love you," she finished, no longer able to hold back the tears.

Jim slipped the ring onto her finger and they immediately embraced.

"She said yes!" Phyllis happily shouted. Nobody was paying attention to Andy and Angela anymore, as they all came over to congratulate Jim and Pam.

"Come on, Tuna!" a distraught Andy shouted.


Chapter End Notes:

Thanks for reading! I love all of you, even those who disagreed with me on this episode!


larrymcg is the author of 20 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Season Finale also liked 1108 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans