- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This is what I thought of them. This story is through my perspective. Enjoy!
Author's Chapter Notes:
Yeah. When I fell in love actually wasn't the story for me. But, it might be a story for other people. Anyone can take the story and use it, I wouldn't mind at all. So, this is a nicer storyline which I could probably use better.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Up. Left. Right. Down.

Her continuous pattern of fidgeting with her engagement ring. She was thinking.

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She remembered basketball. How he'd been pushed down. His nose bleeding. She could do nothing but watch by the side lines. She remembered him shooting and scoring after that and how it had made her want to jump and and yell "YES!". She couldn't.

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She remembered him and and her on their first 'date'. She denied it was even remotely close to a date. It was just 2 friends, eating dinner while stuck in the office. Although, of course, she was lying. She couldn't admit that it was a date and admit how wonderful it was compared to her first date with Roy. She just couldn't.

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She remembered him looking at her with on the cruise ship. She could tell he was waiting. Waiting for something to happen between the 2 of them. She was too. She had to leave. Before something big happens and they'd be uncomfortable forever. She couldn't bring herself to lean in and just kiss him and take a risk for once. She couldn't, at all.

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She remembered when Jan came into the office for the female of the workplace talk. She was offered the amazing opportunity to do something she loves. Painting. Drawing. All of it on one single piece of paper. Roy rejected the idea of her going away. He said there wasn't enough money. She remembered Jim's reaction. The happiness in his face and his eyes. Although, when she told him that Roy didn't let her go for it, she saw his face fall. He thought she needed to take more risks. She said she makes fine choices. She was wrong. She knew she was. She was being tied down to her receptionist job. She couldn't just break free from the chains. She just couldn't.

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She remembered Casino Night. She remembered him stating his love for her. She wanted to scream it back at him. But she was engaged. She had to turn him down. She can't just say that she was in love with him too. She let him walk away. She saw that single tear falling off his cheek. She saw all his hopes and dreams, shattered, in that single tear. She couldn't tell him how much she loved him back because of Roy. If she told Jim she did, one heart would be left untouched and the other shattered. If she didn't, it would be the same. She was always bad at making decisions and this is possibly the worst decision she's made. She just couldn't choose.

Up. Left. Right. Down.

She remembered his kiss. It was against his table. It was full of passion and love that wasn't in Roy's kiss. She could feel sparks fly everywhere. This was what it should be like, she thought. But, even then, she turned him down. She couldn't say that this was what she had been waiting for her whole life. That this was what she needed. No, she said she was going to marry Roy. She let him go away to Stamford. She couldn't just pull his wrists again to kiss him, resulting in her cheating on her fiancée again. She just couldn't do the things she wanted to.

Up. Left. Right. Down.

After thinking of all of these moments, she realised something. She realised how many wonderful moments Jim had given her and how many bad moments Roy had given her. She thought about her future with Roy and she saw nothing. She knew what she had to do. The door creaked as it opened. No more fidgeting. No more bad decisions. She pulled the ring all the way off her finger.

"Roy, we need to talk."

The decisions she had made left 3 hearts broken to a thousand pieces.
Chapter End Notes:
So, this is my first chapter. The next will be about her thoughts about Jim and Karen. I want many honest and perhaps even harsh reviews from those reading. Review on whether I should continue too!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans