- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I've had a bunch of coupley Jim and Pam "scenes" run through my noggin' and thought it would be a good deterrent for the loooonnnggg summer hiatus to write them out. Basically, this will just be glimpses into Jim and Pam outside of the office, there will be no rhyme or reason and will include glimpses from season 4 and into the summer.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
This "glimpse" begins on a Jim visit to Pam in Brooklyn this summer.
Yawning, Jim scratched at his stomach walking lazily into the kitchen. He swung open the refrigerator door and frowned. "Delicious... one egg, batteries, half-eaten yogurt, and milk... and I'm in the mood for an energizer omelette."

He grabbed for the milk carton; sniffing it was clearly not recommended; he pulled back, a sour expression distorting his face. “YUCK!” He gagged. Once again replacing the cap, he set it back into the refrigerator, next grabbing for the yogurt. After a sniff and a few stirs with the spoon it contained, he took a large mouthful of the goo, mouth agape, he ran for the faucet, sticking his mouth under the running water as he spat into the sink. “WOW! Where does she shop… nasty milk products-R-Us?”

His stomach now making growling noises, like that of a large bear, Jim made his way around the kitchen opening each cupboard and pulling out every drawer.

“Empty... empty... nothing... seriously, maybe she moved the kitchen into the bathroom... Oooohhh… jackpot…” He whispered when upon opening one drawer he found a plastic bag filled with what looked to be a coil of red vines stuffed in the back corner. He grabbed the bag of candy, gnawing at the hardened vine; eventually breaking a piece off between his teeth and made his way back into the bedroom.

Pam lay sprawled across the bed, her breathing deep and melodic. The morning sun peaking through the half open blinds, the bright rays washing over her golden hair. Jim sat in the chair next to the bed, propping his feet on the mattress, he continued tugging at the licorice with his teeth and hands, making slurping noises as he chewed the rock-like stuff.

Pam stirred, throwing a pillow over her head to block out the noise. “What the hell are you eating…”

“Licorice… want some?”

Pam surfaced from beneath the pillow, propping herself up on her elbows; she looked at him, groggily. “Licorice… where did you get licorice?” She asked as she squinted over at him, chewing like a cow would his cud.

“In one of your drawers…” Jim managed to answer between chews.

"When did I buy licorice? Seriously, I own no licorice..."

"Well, obviously you did because I'm eating it for breakfast..." He challenged, turning the red rope around his fingers. "But, yes... you are right... it must have been during that gigantic licorice sale in 1998... it's that hard..."

"That's what..."

"DON'T!" He smirked plopping onto his stomach on the bed next to her, a wide smile taking over his features.

"How do you know what I was going to say?"

"Seriously... you want me to answer that? I've also been taking the same 'Michael Scott Introduction to Lame Puns' course for the last 5 years... There's one pun.... and 800 ways to master it..."

"You still need work..." She bit at her bottom lip, disguising the ever present smile tugging at the corners of her lips since he had arrived last night as she reached up to pat at a fly away on his head. "Your hair's all froopy..."

"Kinda' what I'm going for here... I call it my froopy Pam Brooklyn hair... I think it will work here in the big city... what do you think, Ma?" He drawled.

"Well, Pa... we'll see... we'll see... so far it's working well... you scored licorice... and..."

"You..."

"Come again..."

"I scored you..."

"Don't flatter yourself... I feel violated... I was expecting a fiance with sloopy hair and you ballsy on over here with floopyness... Does Dwight have connections with the Brooklyn PD?"

"Hey now... what did I say about that name in this room?"

"What? Oh, before or after you threw it around about 8 times last night, whilst "sleeping"... I would have left you alone, but..." She motioned at the one-room apartment slash living room, small kitchen to one side and coat closet-sized bathroom to the other. "... as you can see, there weren't that many options."

"Gross..."

"Tell me, Jim... do you have something you need to tell me? Do you need to have this ring resized..."

"That's it... in fact, I will take the ring back... I'm going to melt it down and make my mom a thimble... birthday's coming up..."

She laughed, pulling at his t-shirt and planting feather kisses across his full lips. "What a son... maybe you could still find a cubic zirconium at the pawn shop." She teased.

Turning to his side, he pulled her flush against him, his large hand resting comfortably against the small of her back, fingers tracing circles through the thin material of her tank top, lips roaming her forehead, her eyelids, her nose... pausing just millimeters above her lips. "Does that mean you take back the D word?"

"No..."

"Say it again?"

"No... but I will help you melt down the cubic zirconium in the parking lot."

"Dork..." He whispered, capturing her lips with his anyway in a series of slow, lazy kisses.

Several minutes later, he pulled her closer, wrapping both arms around her back as she nestled her head in the crook of his neck, her fingers playing lightly with the "froopy" parts of his hair. "Mmmm..." She whispered against his ear. "Where's that licorice... little hungry over here?"

"I'm not thinking so... not after that all-you-can-eat buffet ala Halpert..."

She grinned, wrapping her arms tightly around his neck in her famous choke hold of hungry. "Right... my compliments to the chef... cocky as he may be... licorice, Jimpert... licorice..."

"Not until you let go of my neck." He squawked, feigning pain.

"Licorice!"

"Okay, Okay... boa constrictor woman..." His hand reached behind him on the bed, eventually coming into contact with the bag of red licorice. "

"That was easy." She released her grip on him, backing up against the headboard of the bed, legs crossed as she helped herself to the candy.

"That's what she..."

"Enough..."

"Um... Jim?" She queried, gnawing hopelessly at the red rope.

"Shoot..."

"This isn't licorice..."

"What?"

"This isn't licorice... how much of this did you eat!?" She was laughing now, laughing and enjoying the look of dismay on Jim's face.

"It most certainly is licorice..."

"Ha! Yes... it's licorice... according to you and the 85-year-old blind nun down the street. Look here..." She pointed at the bag. "Lanyard rope... we're going to have to have your stomach pumped now!" She was laughing uncontrollably now, grasping at her sides as he yanked the package from her.

Jim squinted at the package, turning it over and over in his hands, a disgusted look on his face. He then brought it up to his mouth, where he sniffed it and spit in it for good measure. “Ugh… no wonder… I just thought that it was like the food in your fridge… really old and rotten.” He was grinning now, grinning like a doofus, unable to tear his eyes away from the giddy beauty at his side. "So, I'm guessing our kids will hear this story."

"Don't doubt it... and I'm going to embellish... throw in a couple of bottles of silly string and a wax apple..."

"Fair enough... meanwhile, I'm going to get some real food... you interested in joining me?"

"Sure... I think there's a yogurt in the fridge to hold you over..."

"Yes... my favorite flavor too... fuzzy blue peaches and creamy mold..."

She laughed. "Sue me... I didn't have time to hit the grocery store... "

"Get dressed... froopy and I will be waiting in the living area.... ummm... over there..."

"Brush froopy into position or I'm adding a ball of yarn to my 'your father eats lanyard rope' story."

He smiled, lifting himself off the bed and then pulling her to her feet. "Does dork run in your genes?"

"Yes... and you scored that part of me too... "

**************
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading... I'd love constructive criticism and/or suggestions!


Whitter is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Glimpses of You and Me also liked 1744 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans