- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a random idea I had one day and decided to write out.  Not sure if it’s a one-shot or not yet.  Its kind of short, but I’ll continue it if people want me to.

 

When Phyllis asked Pam where she and Jim had gone on their vacation, she smiled and answered simply, “Phoenix, the Grand Canyon, and Las Vegas.”

 

Phyllis seemed happy with the answer, hoping to see pictures.

 

When Andy asked Jim what he and Pam did on their vacation, he responded, “Visited a friend from college, saw the Grand Canyon for the first time, and surprisingly won at a casino in Vegas.”

 

Andy made a couple comments about hotel rooms, but let it go.

 

When Kelly asked Pam if she and Jim had a good time on their vacation, she answered happily and honestly, “Better than I could have ever imagined.”

 

Kelly blathered on about all kinds of things (Pam tuned her out after about ten seconds).

 

When the cameras asked Jim what he and Pam really did on their vacation (and why they seemed so happy), he cleared his throat and said, “We just had a good time seeing the sights and catching up with people.  We’re happy cause, well, cause who wouldn’t like to take a nine day vacation with their significant other?”

 

The camera guys didn’t buy it at all.

 

By the time lunch rolled around that Monday, both Jim and Pam knew they were getting extra attention from the camera guys.  Everywhere they went, the cameras were there.  Every phone call they made, the cameras watched.  Every glance, smile, etc. were caught on tape.

 

“I’m all for the camera guys doing their job, but I feel like I can’t even pee without them wanting to get it on tape today,” Pam whispered as she grabbed her soda out of the machine.

 

“I know what you mean.  They’ve been killing me with the questions in the interviews, too.  I just don’t get it.”

 

Pam stole a chip from him, laughing, “Well, we sure have given them a lot of interesting footage.”

 

He smiled at her, “That’s for sure.”

 

She turned to head back to her desk, but stopped and glanced back when he said her name, “Yeah?”

 

“I love you.”

 

“I love you, too.”  She blew him a kiss before continuing back into the office.

 

He smiled at her when he returned to his desk, nodding at the camera that had him in its sights.  He worked diligently for the next hour before getting up and venturing towards reception.  “Hey.”

 

“Hey, you,” Pam responded, smiling up at him as he leaned over her desk.  “What’s up?”

 

“I was wondering, would you, Pamela Morgan Beesly,” he paused, smiling down at her, “like to go out to dinner with me tonight?”

 

“You’re mean.”

 

“What?” he feigned hurt, “How was that mean?”

 

“It just was.  And no, I won’t go out to dinner with you tonight.”

 

“How come?”

 

She leaned closer to him, hoping the camera wouldn’t hear her, “I was hoping for a quiet dinner at home, just the two of us.”

 

“Oh really?”

 

“Yeah, besides, I have some important things to do tonight.”

 

“Like what?”

 

“Like you-‘re, um, laundry,” she covered quickly when she saw the zooming in on their conversation.  “You know, from our vacation.  It’ll take me all night to get it done.”

 

“Oh.  Well, I suppose that’s okay.  I have to finish unpacking the rest of the boxes in the spare bedroom anyway.”  He tapped on the desk before heading back to his own.  His head popped up when a balled-up Post-It hit him on the shoulder.

 

‘Pizza?’ she mouthed to him.

 

He nodded before mouthing back to her, ‘Love you.’

 

‘Love you, too.”  She smiled before looking back down at her desk.

 

 When five rolled around, everyone rushed to get out of the office, everyone but Jim and Pam.  Jim took his time shutting down his computer and packing up his things.  Pam watched him lift his bag and walk towards her.  She smiled as he grabbed his jacket and reached out his hand to her.  Neither noticed the camera man peeking through the kitchen door, they were too busy wrapped in each other.  Jim pulled a giggling Pam up by the hand, making sure her body came flush with his. 

“Hello there, Mr. Halpert.”

“Hello, Mrs. Halpert.  Ready to go home?” 

“More than anything.”  She reached up on her tiptoes to kiss him quickly before pulling back and grabbing the chain around her neck, retrieving the ring that hung below the neckline of her shirt.  She watched as Jim extracted a ring from his pocket and placed it on his left ring finger.  She slid hers on her own ring finger before taking his hand in hers and leaving the office for the afternoon.

 
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews are love people, for real.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans