- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Sometimes she lies awake in bed and thinks about him. It’s funny, because he’s sleeping right there next to her, but she can’t help it. There’s so much to think about. She’s amazed with everything, really, but there’s so much going through her head that sometimes she finds it difficult to sleep.

Sometimes, when they have a late night full of eating, talking, loving, and just being together, she sleeps better than she ever has in her life, and wonders how she ever spent her whole life without him by her side.

Sometimes she wonders if it’s really forever, and then he says “I love you”, and those fears disappear.

Sometimes she thinks maybe she isn’t cut out for the whole marriage and family thing, but then she watches him with his niece and nephew and realizes the only thing she wants to do is marry him and make him a dad.

Sometimes she wonders how a catch like him, 30 and never married, has never found the right person, but then she thinks that maybe God had a different plan for him; and she hopes it’s the life he’s living right now.

Sometimes she wonders what she did to deserve him, but then he whispers how lucky he is to have her, and she realizes that maybe the soul mate cliché really is true.

Sometimes he says the wrong thing, but it’s always at the right time, and she realizes he’s beautifully imperfect, and she wouldn’t want him any other way.

Sometimes his snoring wakes her up, but then he tightens his arm around her waist, and she finds that spot, and realizes their bodies must have been made for each other.

Sometimes he leaves his dirty clothes all over her apartment, but it’s only one thing on the very short list of things that bug her about him. Her list of things that she loves about him far outweigh the rest.

Sometimes she thinks she dislikes things about him, but she knows everyone has faults, and those things really don’t matter in the long run.

Sometimes she wishes he would go for what he wants, instead of wasting his life away a failing paper company, but they both know the real reason he’s still there.

It’s on nights like this, when the room is a little bit too stuffy, and his warm body is soft and sticky against hers, that she realizes there’s no where else she’d rather be.

“Hey.”

She turns her head quickly, not realizing he’s awake.

“You okay?” His voice is rough, raw from sleep.

“Yeah.”

“Kay.”

His hand slides lower down her back, pulling her closer as she nestles into his chest.

She falls asleep quickly, but Jim stays awake.

Sometimes he thinks about her, too.

Chapter End Notes:
Want a Jim chapter? Let me know!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans