- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
For some reason I was awake at 2:00 this morning...unable to turn my brain off. This is what ended up coming out! Hope you enjoy it!

 

 

Sometimes he goes back to that night. The fateful night that changed everything. Sometimes he remembers the pain in his chest, the look in her eyes, the feel of the tear on his cheek. He remembers going home and sliding down to the floor, head in his hands, knowing that his heart would never be the same again.

Sometimes he thinks about how his life was without her; the restless nights and the empty moments. All the time that had slipped away from them.

But most of the time all he can think about is life with her. The life that started with a simple, “Are you free for dinner tonight?”. He thinks about the tearful apologies and the kisses making for lost time. He thinks about the first time she whispered I love you into his ear, when for the first time in a long time he truly felt at home. He thinks about the tears shining in her eyes when she said, “Yes”; the look of pure love as she walked down the aisle towards him. He thinks about the smile on her face when she told him that it was a boy.

He looks next to him and sees the silhouette of her sleeping body and listens to the faint sounds of her breathing. He feels the softness of her hand resting on his chest and hears the quiet rustle coming from the basinet that is beside their bed. Sometimes he’ll go back. Sometimes he will remember…he has to remember…so he knows how much its worth it to be here.

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!


Jinxcoke is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Sometimes... also liked 1574 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans