38 [Reviews - 66] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: What if Jim answered Pam's text from "Diwali"?  This is an AU look at what have might happened if, in his drunkeness, Jim texted her back. 
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: None
Genres: Romance
Warnings: Adult language
Series: None
Chapters: 4 Completed: No
Word count: 7459 Read: 17762 ePub Downloads: 2
Published: July 25, 2008 Updated: July 30, 2008
[Report This]
Story Notes:

I'm not traditionally a person who writes dark things, but I thought that Jim was likely in a bad place in Stamford.  So, it starts out a little sad, but it won't end that way. 

I know because I have finished this one...that's right...this is not exactly a WIP.  It's done.  I'm not posting it all at once because I want to tweak the end a little.  But, for those of you who are used to my WIPs, I can promise this will not drag on for nine months. 

Thank you to xoxoxo, brokenloon and stablergirl for betaing different parts of this piece.  You guys are the best "writing group" I could ever ask for.

1. Chapter 1 by uncgirl [Reviews - 21] 10 (1385 words)
Disclaimer:  I do not own these characters or The Office.  I do not intend to profit from this posting.  No copyright infringement intended.

2. Chapter 2 by uncgirl [Reviews - 17] 9 (2586 words)

First off, I want to thank everyone who reviewed the last chapter.  I've really struggling finding anything to post over the last few months and I cannot tell you how much I appreciate your kind words.

Second, I forgot to give credit to the Barenaked Ladies for the title of this fic, "Call and Answer" is a great song and it does fit this situation so well don't you think?

Also, and most importantly, a big thanks to xoxoxo for her help with this fic.  And yes, dear friend, this time I did make Pam cry.  I wanted to fit in with the cool kids ;-)

I will warn you, this is not exactly a happy conversation our favorite couple has here, but I think it all had to be said given the scenario.  I mean does a drunken phone call ever go well?  But rest assured, I am not a glutton for sadness...I promise there is a point to all this.

Usual disclaimers apply.  I do not own the office or intend to profit from this posting (or I would so quit my job tomorrow).  No copyright infringement intended.

3. Chapter 3 by uncgirl [Reviews - 16] 3 (1182 words)

Another big thank you to  xoxoxo and brokenloon for the help and encouragement on this piece.  This is kind of transitional in a way, but the finale piece was 9 pages and really needed to be broken in two....

 

I do not own the Office or these characters.  No copyright infringement intended.

4. Chapter 4 by uncgirl [Reviews - 12] 16 (2306 words)

Thank you all so much for your kind words and reviews.  I worked on this piece for a long time before I ever posted it and I really didn't expect such a wonderful reception.  You all have brought me great joy!

A sincere thanks to xoxoxo and brokenloon, for all their help and for being terrific friends.

On a side note, this was originally meant to be the end.  And it may be.  But I'm not marking this one complete, because I'm thinking of writing an epilogue.  But be warned, if I do, it will take a bit of time to write and finish (I'm like the tortoise, not the hare)....so enjoy this chapter!  If I decide this is the end I'll go back and mark it complete later.  We'll see...