- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Big thanks to dmscranton for the great beta.

Hope you enjoy it!

There are choices in our life that become turning points, directing the path that our future will take. These moments happen in a heartbeat and in the split second that the decision is made a new chapter in our story begins. Sometimes the choices aren’t really life altering and either option could result in happiness. But sometimes the consequences of these decisions will be those that at the end of our lives we look back upon and either say “I wish I had done something different” or “I am so glad I made that choice”.

For Pam Beesly these moments seemed to be few and far between. Mostly the biggest choice she had to make was what striped button down she was going to wear to work that day or what she was going to make Roy for dinner that night. She had led a good life thus far, or at least a comfortable life. She had a place to live, food on the table, and a job that despite almost driving her crazy on a daily basis gave a sense of routine and almost bizarre normalcy to her life. However, it was also this job that eventually led her to make the biggest and most life changing choice she‘d ever have to make.

From the minute she met him she felt something twist deep inside of her that she had never felt before. He quickly had become her confidant, her partner in crime and her best friend. Sometimes, okay, most of the time, she would feel that weird flutter in her stomach that she had never felt with Roy and it would release a torrent of emotions that left her feeling happy, sometimes giddy, but most of all confused. She thought that she liked her life. She had been happy with the comfort of it, knowing who she was waking up to every morning and what she was going to do, but as time went on that became part of the problem. She didn’t want a crazy life. Going out to clubs every night and sleeping around wasn’t part of who she was, but it was when the face that woke up next to her every morning began to blur into that of another, that she realized there was a problem. Still she was pulled to him, connected in a way that no one else, but the two of them could ever understand. He was a part of her.

Then he changed her world. He gave her a choice, a new life she hadn’t felt that she was allowed to have before. He offered a new world to her in his words, the profound look in his eyes, and the warmth and surprising familiarity of his kiss. In a moment of confused weakness she made her choice with two words…“I can’t”. Then he was gone and she believed she was destined to live the life she carved out for herself forever. She had made her choice and now she had to live with the results.

Despite the pain and emptiness that immediately followed, this allowed her to make another decision that would be the first step to a new path of self discovery and then ultimately take her back to him.

12 months and seven long days later he offered her another choice. This time there was no hesitation and she decided with one word…“Yes.” Most people aren’t given a second chance at those life changing moments and Pam knew that there was no way that she would allow it to slip away again.

A little over a year later, the two of them were sitting outside on the steps of the apartment they now shared together. Jim was leaning back against the post of the porch with Pam snuggled up next to him, smiling softly. He held her hand, kissing her knuckles, while admiring the new addition on her finger. Jim looked over at her and then shifted slightly to press a kiss to the side of her head. Pam sighed, melting even further into his embrace, when she felt that familiar twist in her stomach again, the feeling that only he could give her. She looked up at him and she knew that no matter what other choices they needed to make in their lives, they had already made the one that would allow them to look back, years from now, and say, “I made the right choice.”

 

Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading!


Jinxcoke is the author of 4 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans