- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

I always wondered what kind of moments Jim and Pam might have shared when the cameras weren't around. Some of these are slightly OT.
This is my first story in a wicked long time, so I might be a little rusty.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything related to "The Office" or NBC.

1. "The Secret"

It wasn't that long ago. It was on the booze cruise.
Jim had a crush on me on the booze cruise, or he told you about it on the booze cruise?

The exchange with Michael stays with Pam as she slips into her coat and silently follows Jim into the elevator.

The doors close with a quiet thump, and Pam turns to him. "You had a crush on me on the Booze Cruise," she says quietly.

Jim turns towards her with his eyes wide and mouth open. "No, I..."

"Jim. Michael told me what you said."

"Great." He runs his hand over his face. "He told you the whole thing?"

"How much is there?"

Silence.

The elevator hums, the light flickers above them, and Jim blinks and quirks up the corner of his mouth.

"Why did you lie to me before," she asks.

"I was... scared."

Pam regards him for a moment and then stands on her tiptoes and touches her lips to his, wishing she could feel the warmth of his hand on her hip through her puffy coat.

Her heels lower back to the floor as the elevator reaches the ground, and she gives Jim a shy smile before walking away with a spring in her step.

------

2. "Boys and Girls"

It's been a week since Pam had turned down the graphic design internship because of Roy's discouragement.

She finds Jim in the breakroom, bending over to retrieve his chips from the vending machine. When she rests her hand on his shoulder, he jumps, catching his wrist on the door of the vending machine.

Pam pulls back, covering her mouth. "Jim, I'm so sorry." She shakes her head.

He smiles at her. "Nah, you just scared me. I'm fine. See? Still have all my fingers." He holds up his hand for her to see that it's still whole, turning it to show her the front and back.

She tips her head to the side a little and smiles up at him.

"What's up?" He asks after a few seconds, his eyebrows knit together.

"I just..." Words fail her, so she closes the gap between them, rises up on her toes, and kisses him. She lingers on his bottom lip for a second, and when she begins to pull away, he steals another short kiss from her.

He swallows. "What was that for?" The corner of his mouth quirks up in a confused-but-delighted smile. His eyes are wide and bright.

"Um, just-" She clears her throat. "Thank you for your encouragement last week. I'm sorry I kind of bit your head off."

"It's okay," he says quietly. "I meant what I said."

"I know."

Silence.

"Um, I should... get back."

"Oh yeah, me too." He drops his hands from her waist and flexes his fingers a few times.

She smiles once more and Jim watches as she disappears out into the front office.

------

3. "Michael's Birthday"

Jim's ice skates slip out from under him, and thanks to their hands being linked together, Pam is pulled down with him. He cushions her fall as she lands on top of him nose-to-nose. 

After the shock of the impact has passed, both start giggling. Pam laughs with her forehead falling onto Jim's shoulder, and feels a warmth run through her when she smells the fabric softener in his shirt. She still can't get over how cute it is that he uses the stuff.

When she lifts up her head again, her laughing dies in her throat because Jim's eyes are looking deeply into hers with an emotion she usually tries so hard not to notice. But she does this time, so she kisses him with her bottom lip nestled in between his, and when she pulls back, she blushes first at him, and then at the thought that they might have been seen. Both pairs of eyes widen, and they look around to discover that everyone (including the cameras) is oblivious to their current position.

Pam inches herself off of Jim, and he helps her up, her hand gripping his once more, and his arm supporting her back as he continues to teach her how to ice skate.

------

4. "Drug Testing"

Come on, you can tell me. Jim, you can tell me anything.

Pam watches Jim's face fall. This game has turned too serious, and he's just said with his eyes more than he could have said with words. Tears burn her eyes, and she shakes her head.

"Come with me," she says softly, motioning to the front of the office.

He sighs but follows her into the stairwell.

They reach the first landing and stare at each other for a moment.

"I'm sorry..." she begins, but shakes her head slightly. She loops her arms around his neck and kisses him. Jim takes a sharp inhale of breath, his hands squeeze her hips, and his lips capture hers. His kisses are gentle but insistent, and Pam knows she'd been right about his reaction in the breakroom. She lets out a little whimper and winds her fingers a little more tightly in his hair.

When she remembers that she's getting married soon and that this is bad, so bad, she pulls away and rests her cheek against his, shaking her head slightly. His stubble feels rough and intimate against her face, and her eyes are shut tight.

He lets out a shaky breath against her neck, and then extracts himself from her, walking away with his head bowed and his hands in his pockets.

Pam leans back against the wall and cries.

------ 

5. "Casino Night"

Pam stands motionless in the dark office, her fingertips touching her lips where his had been moments earlier. Her throat tightens with emotion, but she finally, finally realizes that she is in control of her life. She can have whatever she wants.

The skirt of her dress flutters behind her as she takes the stairs two at a time. Outside in the cool air, she quickly makes her way around the building, hoping it's not too late to catch him.

He's walking slowly to his car, head bowed, hands fiddling with his keys. She's only a couple of feet away from him before he notices, and he stands up a little straighter to look at her with both hope and caution lingering in his eyes.

She wrings her hands, takes a deep breath, and then: "I'm in love with you, too." It's so quiet that he has to ask her to say it again. "I'm... I love you. I want to be with you," she says, tilting her head to one side. Her stomach twists with nervousness, afraid she'd missed her chance.

"Pam..." He breathes. "I can't do this if you're gonna change your mind."

She shakes her head insistently, and then grabs his face, pulling it down to hers. While their earlier kiss had been soft and sweet and sad, this one is fervent and hungry. Joyful. Soft, quick, lip kisses punctuate long, soulful ones. Pam tastes the salt of their mingling tears, and her breath hitches.

She pulls away, still holding his face in her hands, comforted and grounded by his arms wrapped around her. "I'll never change my mind. I love you." She kisses his neck. "Always have."



PuffingNoise is the author of 41 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked Five Times Pam Kissed Jim Before He Was Hers to Kiss also liked 1397 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans