- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Kind of the chapter that sets the story up.

JIM: "So I figured that I would try and make it a great day for her which usually includes flowers, a night with me…" He directed to himself "and a well thought out prank on Dwight."
A/N: Okay, so I started this quite a while ago on fanfiction.net net, so if some of you recognize this that is why. I am trying to get the whole thing finished by next thursday when the fifth season premeires, but I have been really busy with school so it might not happen. Hope you all like it!

Also, I have to thank Dundie All-Star (normally I would know her as ktface3) for her fan-freakin'-tastic beta skills!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



EOP: When will I get a freakin’ chance!
Chapter 1
Glued to Sandals


Jim sat at his desk early one morning. He was the first one at the office and he began to twiddle his thumbs when mixed emotions hit his head with satisfaction from what he just finished doing and nervousness for what was to come later that night.
He hit his knees when he heard someone come in and jerked up. It was Pam. He got up to greet her while she tugged off her coat and put it over in her receptionist area. She was generally surprised to see him there.

“Hey Beesly.” Jim said as he gave her a good morning kiss.

She bit her bottom lip and smiled. “Hey. What are you doing here so early?”

“Why else? I love work so much that I decided I couldn’t stay detached from it any longer.” This made Pam give him the ‘awe, come on’ look. “Okay I had some things to do before Dwight got here. Plus…” He reached over and picked up the dozen roses he left on her desk. “I wanted to give you these.”

He gave them to her and watched her face blush and her mouth turn to a giddy smile.

-.-.-.-.-.-
Jim sat in the chair and lifted his arm so he could scratch the back of his head. “I am actually planning on proposing to Pam tonight. And the whole thing at Toby’s going away party didn’t exactly work out.” His face looked a little different and unsettling because he was just that nervous. “Uhhh, So I figured that I would try and make it a great day for her which usually includes flowers, a night with me…” He directed to himself “and a well thought out prank on Dwight.” His nervousness drifted away as he gave out a cocky smile.
-.-.-.-.-.-
-.-.-.-.-.-
Pam looked up at the camera crew, her hands folded on her lap. “The last time Jim was here before me he did this really hilarious prank on Dwight. He got a little joke voice recorder where it would play what you recorded every 5 minutes. He planted it on Dwight during work and made it sound like aliens were talking to him. Dwight began to believe that he was abducted by aliens the night before.” Pam then had a mischievous look on her face. “I wonder what he has planned for today.”
-.-.-.-.-.-

“Thanks, Jim. They’re beautiful.” Pam hugged Jim and gave him another kiss. “Okay, now what did you set up for Dwight?” She shrunk her voice to a whisper just to make sure that the target wasn’t around.

“Can it be a surprise?” He asked as he tilted his head off to the side.

She shook her head. “Nope.” She playfully hit him on the shoulder. “Spill, Halpert.”

They were then cut off when Dwight briskly walked in.

“Just wait.” Jim whispered in her ear. She replied with a nod.

“Morning Dwight.” Pam said as she went to her desk.

“Pam.” He said with little acknowledgement of her presence as he headed for his chair.

“Hey Dwight.”

Dwight slowly looked up in front of him to confirm that he heard Jim speak to him. “Jim. What are you doing here at this hour?” He was glaring Jim down with suspicion showing through his eyes.

“I thought I would make it to work a bit early today.” He replied casually while sitting down.

“But, you never come in this early.” Dwight paused to ponder this fact until his face morphed into a face of angry frustration. “What did you do this time Jim?! Answer me, Jim!”

“I didn’t do anything to you, or your chair.” Jim smirked even more and Pam began to giggle as she watched closely.

-.-.-.-.-.-
“Question: How many years have I known Jim Halpert? Answer: Too many. I have sat next to him so long I have gained the ability to guess his thoughts 99.999999999% of the time. I have taken his reactions from my direct eye contact which I have concluded that he is up to something stupid.” Dwight stared straight on to the camera. “Jim better be glad that I don’t have the immature mind of a five year old. Because when it comes to the battle of wits and jokes, I take total domination. Annihilation.”
-.-.-.-.-.-

He jerked his head down to examine his chair. It looked perfectly fine. Dwight then pulled the lever beneath it to make sure that it still functioned properly in making the chair go up and down. It went up and down normally.

“Hey, Dwight. What’s one of your bobble heads doing on the floor? Hmmm…” Jim said and, without thinking, Dwight went to go pick it up out of curiosity. But when he tried to stand up he couldn’t. He tried to pull away from the chair, but unfortunately his pants were glued down to his seat.

“JIM!” He yelled furiously which caused Pam to roll over laughing.

“Aren’t you going to pick up your bobble head?” Jim replied disregarding his yelling.

“I can’t, Jim! You idiot! You glued me to my chair.”

“Sure you can. It’s simple. Watch me.” He glided his chair over to where the bobble head sat, picked it up, and sat it right back on Dwight’s desk. “Easy as that.”

“Where is the solution that will cut through the super glue you used?! Answer me!”

“There’s a solution that cuts through super glue? Hmmm…”

Dwight rolled over to Jim and yelled close to his ear. “Give it to me JIM! Give me the solution!”

Jim merely got up and walked over to reception. Dwight followed, scooting his chair along. When he caught up with him Jim said to Pam “I think I am going to go get some water.” Then he walked across the room, over to the water cooler. Dwight followed again and maneuvered the chair around obstacles like desks.

They did this for a while, leaving Pam in hysterics, until they paused to see Michael running through the door and into his office. Curious, Pam Jim and Dwight all went in after him finding Michael on the ground banging the back of his head on the wall.

“Michael, what’s wrong?” Pam asked

“Nothing PAM-e-la. I watched a show about supermodels last night so I am…grrrreeeaat!” He said impersonating Tony the tiger, but with poor enthusiasm.

“Then why are you banging your head against the wall?” Jim questioned while worrying that if it was something he really didn’t need to know.

“Was it that fool Andy Bernard? Did he upset you Michael? Because I will have it be known that I would kick his ass for you.” Dwight stated trying to find an excuse to destroy his competition and not get fired for it.

“No, you couldn’t kick anybody’s ass, Dwight. And it wasn’t Andy. And what are you still doing in your chair?”

“I didn’t find it necessary to use my limbs to find out what’s wrong with you” He said the first thing that came to mind without admitting that he let Jim trick him again. “Now that I know that you don’t require my assistance I will be at my desk.” Dwight glided back out of his office.

Pam grinned at Jim and almost started laughing again, but turned her attention back to Michael. “So, what happened, Michael?”

“uhhhhh…well now that Jan is more with the preggo she is more with the crazy. So I thought that maybe another sexy get-away to sandals Jamaica would loosen her up a bit. But Jan said that it would be inappropriate and that we should just postpone it until after the baby is born. What a downer.”

“It’s not like it’s exactly her fault. Aren’t pregnant women not even allowed to travel on a plain in that stage of pregnancy?”

“You know what, Pam? I know that. Jan and the baby come first.” He said like he was all offended. “ I just wish that I could get some kind of daddy time, though. Do what I want to do. Like I suggested go to the theme park a couple of days ago, but she just completely ignored that idea.”

“Well, amusement park rides are pretty much also an extremely bad idea for the baby.” Jim said.

“God! Then what can we do? Can we do anything? You are taking out the simple pleasures in life. Oh god, Can we have sex?”

“Okay, well, why don’t you just get your money back for the tickets and figure out with Jan what you can do.” Jim was desperate to change the subject.

“I can’t. It was non-refundable. So basically I still have to go on the trip. But now, of course, I don’t have anyone to go with unless…” he looks up at Pam. “Hey Pam? Wanna go? Sandals Jamaica. Fun, fun, fun.”

Pam looked at Jim once again with shock and a bit of fear. “Uhhh…no. I…I have a call to make.” She then leaves the room and walks back to her desk.

“What about you Jim? Guy’s trip still cool, right?”

-.-.-.-.-.-
Jim stared blindly into the camera. “Words could not express how much I don’t want to go on any type of trip with Michael. I think that I would rather become Dwight’s slave. And we all know how I would feel about that.”
-.-.-.-.-.-

“Yeah, That’s not going to happen.”

“Oh come on! We can hit the beach; find us a couple of hotties or something.”

-.-.-.-.-.-
“Just because two guys go on a trip to an island together doesn’t automatically make them gay, you know” Michael had to let it be known. “Neither does the fact that it’s in a romantic hotel with only one bed. Jim can sleep on the couch.”
-.-.-.-.-.-

“Okay, how many times are we going to have to go over this? I am still in a committed relationship with Pam.” Jim was starting to get pretty irritated.

“So? Ditch the bitch and have some fun. What kind of leash does she have on you? Plus she probably won’t even care. How else would she of kept Roy that long?”

-.-.-.-.-.-
“Did I explain yet how I REALLY do not want to go?”
-.-.-.-.-.-

Jim shook his head. “Absolutely not. So let’s just not talk about this anymore.”

“Jeeze Jim. You’re boring.”

“No. I just don’t want to spend the last full week I have left with my girlfriend for three months hunting down random beach girls with you”

“How committed can you be with Pam anyway? I mean it’s Pam. I can see her as a fling sort of thing, but…” Jim cut him off before he could finish.

“I am proposing to her tonight.” He said instantly, but then he began to realized that that was probably the stupidest thing he could have done. Michael didn’t exactly keep Jim’s Booze cruise secret so how could he expect for him to keep this one.

Michael stood up with excitement. “Wow! Marriage? You and Pam? Wow! That is really… I don’t even know what to say. How are you going to do it?”

“I don’t know for sure. Okay, Michael can you please, and I mean please, not tell Pam or anyone about this?”

“Don’t worry, Jim bag, I wouldn’t spoil the big surprise. You know what you should do? You should have someone jump out of a cake with the ring.”

“I’ll think about it. But I actually have to get to work so…”

“By all means. I release you. Go do work.” Michael said and then added something before Jim was gone. “Hey Jim?”

“Yeah?”

“Do you think Holly would want to go to Sandals?”

“I think that it would be a really bad idea for you to ask her.”

“Yeah, Jan would be pissed. Thanks.”

With that Jim left Michael’s office worried. He would have to keep an eye on Michael for the rest of the day.
Chapter End Notes:
Reviews make my world go round.


xallowspuffybuff1012 is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked EOR#1- When will I get a freakin' chance also liked 0 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans