- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Just a small thing that came out of boredom and dieing for Thursday to come!
don't own anything.
It's been the longest week of her life. Between new names, cold packets of Raman Noodles, and empty sheets, with paint splattered all over her arms, she's absolutely lost. She has a feeling she's going to love it soon enough but it's Friday and right now she sits on the edge of her bed, waiting for him. She hadn't realized when he'd left on Saturday just how much she would miss him. It was like she could barely breathe. She'd worn blue to her first class, painted an ocean, and realized she might just be drowning.

So when he finally comes, still cloaked in work clothes and the smell of soap, she flies at him, kissing him so passionately he forgets to breathe for just a moment. He whispers her name.

She smiles, smiles smiles smiles through cheeks sticky with tears and then she begins to sob, because she missed him and she's tired and she just wants everything back. Falls against him as he gathers her in his arms.

"Oh Beesly," he says softly, holding her, weaving gentle fingers through her curls, wanting to make everything go away. He just wants to hold her. The ring has weight in his pocket.

The new receptionist's name is Romina. Instead of snatching jelly beans (all his favorites are gone anyway) he listens to her voicemails, over and over and over.
"I accidently bought two bagels this morning. I miss you."
"I'm walking through Central Park and it's this perfect evening. I wish you were here."
"God, this is hard. That's what she said. Oh, Jim..."


"I missed you too much." She's shaking, puffy-eyed, gorgeous. And he can't do anything else but kiss her wet cheeks because he feels the same aching tightness in his chest. He doesn't metion that he drove twenty miles over the speed limit or that he's been sleeping with her pillow.

After dinner in the city, when it begins to pour, her eyes match the sky as he takes out the box, so choked up he doesn't know if he'll be able to speak. But she holds his hand and he manages to tell her that he loves her, oh god, he loves her more than anything in the world and would - would she..? He has to stop because he can't speak but she's crying too - and it's impossible to tell the rain from the tears. She waits, breaking the world with her smile and finally he manages, "Marry me."

It's not a question. They both already know the answer.
He picks her up, in the rain, arms around his neck as sticky hair clings to her skin.
The kiss puts all others to shame, as salty tears mingle and her eyelashes brush across his cheek.

i love you.
i love you.
i love you.
The ring slips onto her finger.
And then softly, so softly he almost misses it, she whispers through the rain.
"Absolutely i will."
He falls apart.
She's already thinking of wedding dresses.
Chapter End Notes:
thankyouu for reading! :)


kaat is the author of 14 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked and down comes the sky. also liked 2124 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans