- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Oh, it's ridiculous the joy I STILL feel after watching that episode 900 times. SHOW, I MISSED YOU. Anyway, a little something to release the bubbly energy somewhat. Keep in mind I haven't written all summer, really, so uh.. be nice. :)
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

***

It's the best kiss he's ever had. Really. Maybe because it's the whole "wow, she said yes" or "wow, we're engaged" but just.. it was a really great kiss.

And holy crap, what just happened?

Her face is warm and she's shaking and he can't tell if it's because she's cold from the rain or what but he rubs his arms on hers and pulls her close and smiles into her hair and wonders if he'll ever stop smiling or ever stop feeling like.. this.

"Wow." He murmurs and squeezes her tight before pulling back to look at her. "Yeah, so.. hi. How was the drive?"

"Uh, it was okay. Long."

"So you've said. Where do you want to go to lunch?"

"Oh, we're still eating? I uh, I'm not sure if I have an appetite anymore."

"Come on, we'll do pizza."

She smiles again and shakes her head. "Pizza? You're such a sap, Halpert."

He's silent for a moment and stares at her, thinking of blue dresses and paper doves and yogurt lids and nods his head in agreement. "Yeah, maybe." He whispers.

He pulls her close again and sighs. "We really need to get out of the rain anyway. There's a pizza parlor a few miles back. We'll do sausage and extra cheese. On me, remember?"

"If only you truly meant that."

"Oh, uncool."

She grins and kisses him, lingering a few moments before she pulls away, walking backwards to her car. "Last one there has to do dishes, well.. forever! Hee."

He laughs. "Hey, wait!"

He walks to her and grabs her hand. "Almost forgot this part." He takes the box out of his pocket, glances at her broad smile as he takes ring out of the box and slides it on her hand, taking a moment to gaze at it before squeezing her hand softly and letting go. "Looks good." He says, kissing her forehead and retreating back to his car.

She stands there a moment and stares at the ring and giggles and watches as he stands by his car. She swears there's a literal bounce in her step as she gets into her car and she rolls her eyes slightly because he waits for her to pull away before he follows.

She can't stop looking at the ring as she drives and she can't stop smiling and she wonders if she ever will and god, finally. All she can think is finally.

Yeah, it's a good day. Definitely a good day.

Chapter End Notes:

*
I'm convinced Season Five will own us by the time it's finished. Hee.

Once again, story/chapter titles come from my (always) JAM anthem, Chantal Kreviazuk's (version of) Feels Like Home.

Thanks for reading. :)



oobadnama is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 4 members. Members who liked feels like home to me also liked 1144 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans