- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

I love you Greg Daniels.


All she heard was the sound of rain beating down on the hood of the car, and the sound of Jim's kisses on her abdomen as she leaned back and hit her head against the door.

"Shit...this is hard," she muttered, laughing and rubbing her head. Jim looked up and laughed, his own body contorted like some cirque du soleil artist. She'd never figure out how he fit in the backseat that way, but she didn't care either. They were discussing more important things, especially since he'd proposed.

Proposed, Jim proposed. She was so giddy about it, she felt like a school girl. Sure it wasn't the first time a guy asked her to marry him, but something about this particular proposal seemed so much more real than the first. Maybe it was the way his eyes stared so deep into her as she bantered unknowingly about distance, and him buying lunch. He wasn't saying anything, so she had taken a step closer. And when he dropped his coat, and then his knee, her breath left her body. She was not expecting that.

And even after Toby's going away party, which she was sure he was going to ask her then, they had casually discussed marriage. She brought it actually, to test the waters. After the party, Jim was unbelievably tense and she was so damned disappointed, both had seen this sort of dark cloud form over their relationship. So one day out of the blue, she asked him how he felt about bowties. That evolved to tuxes, which evolved to formal events, which evolved to the discussion of weddings.

It was a weird leap but it got her to her destination. She said, if they were to ever get engaged, she just wanted to forgo all the frilly frou frou stuff and just get married. At that time, he gave her a weird look, like he was calculating something in his head, but she thinks she laid it on the line pretty clear.

Obviously, considering she was now in the backseat of his car, damp, and happy as hell, wearing his ring on her finger.

He pushed himself further up her body, settling in a weird angle between her legs, which were damp and cold from the rain. She was stunned by the way he looked so handsome for a minute, or maybe that was the hit to the head from the door. "First, that's what she said. And second, are you alright?"

"I might be concussed," Pam teased, she kissed him then, his lips urgent against hers. Something in her peripheral caught her eye. Oh yeah...her engagement ring.

She loved it, even though she hasn't really taken a long look at it. From the couple of glances she saw between the proposal and kissing Jim, it looked beautiful. It was the kind of ring she always wanted, the one she envied even during a time when another ring sat on her finger.

But again, now was not the time for contemplating the past, she had a big future ahead of her. Planning, saving, for a wedding she was sure was going to happen. Or buying a home with Jim, one with big open windows. Or having a baby...

It was okay to think ahead to those things now. But that's what that ring meant.

Jim hit his knee on the cup holder in the backseat console and cursed, "Okay... seriously, as hot as making love to you in the back of this car sounds...it isn't working."

"I think there's a seatbelt in my butt..." Pam giggled, treading her hand through his soaked hair. He was so beautiful to her right now.

"Wow...okay. We're done here," he sighed, smiling. He kissed her again and sat up, pulling her with him. They were both ridiculously wet and happy.

Pam leaned against him, listening to his heart beat fast as he rubbed circles on her back. He must of been nervous. He must have been really nervous or just really excited. She sure was.

He whispered into her hair, "What are you thinking right now?"

For a moment she was quiet, because that was such a loaded question. Because every though imaginable was flashing in her head. Wedding dresses, flowers, babies, cookouts, more babies, buying a house, buying a minivan...all of this was running rampid in her head. She settled more against him before she answered.

"The superbowl. Who's your fantasy pick?" she replied into his shoulder. She could feel him smiling, so she continued. "And...how much I am in love with you. And how I didn't think I ever deserved any of this."

"That's crazy talk. Because, well you do, so here I am to make sure you get it," he replied as if it were that simple. "What time do you have to go back to class?"

Pam shrugged. "Don't care. I want to stay with you."

Jim chuckled a bit and she felt it rumbled through his whole body as she closed her eyes and imagined their unconceived son having the same mannerisms. "Well, I for one am flattered, but I don't want you missing class. You've gone too far to just skip it because you have a fiance' now."

She leaned back, beaming. "I have a fiance'!"

"Oh my god! Me too!" Jim said, elated. He leaned in and kissed her senseless again. "You don't know how long I've been waiting to kick your ass."

"Well, consider it sore from said ass kicking...or maybe that's the seatbelt," she replied, shifting.

"I don't want to leave you, trust me. I'd love to blow off the weigh in. Especially since, I've been sort of slacking. Seeing as how all I have are ramen noodles and some hamburger helper in my pantry," Jim snorted before lifting her chin to look into her eyes. "I don't want to leave you right now. I want to celebrate."

"Me too," she sighed. "Damn responsibilities. But if you don't, I'm pretty sure Michael will flip his lid."

"Michael already hates me," Jim said, kissing her neck, watching her respond. Pam relished the feeling. "But you're right. He already took my chair, if I mess this up, he might take my desk. And I got pictures of you on it, so that wouldn't be good."

"No, it wouldn't. But um...maybe you can come back up tonight? I mean I know gas is crazy high and it's alot of back and forth, but-"

"Done," Jim said resolutely. "I'll be right up around seven, how does that sound?"

"Jim..." she said, blushing. All over honestly. If only he could see...which he will, tonight.

"We'll get a room because I'm kind of getting cramps from trying to cram into impossibly small back seat and small dorm beds. So I'll come up, take you to a nice dinner, get a nice hotel room, and um...pretty much finish what we started here. Make good use of this, courtesy of Michael Scott," he gave her a goofy grin as he held up a condom.

"Sounds perfect," Pam replied, kissing him again as she pulled him down in the backseat with her.

It did sound perfect. Especially coming out of Jim's mouth.

Chapter End Notes:
TWSS.


Binxbaby is the author of 21 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 10 members. Members who liked Unleaded is $3.89, and we're making love in the back seat... also liked 2021 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans