- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
The title relates to the story, but also to the fact that I came up with this scene and nothing else for this challenge. Enjoy!
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

_________________________________________________________________________________

No Idea 

“Her dad won’t even let her talk to me. What did you two do to that guy!?” Jamie Halpert had his father’s eyes and height, and his mother’s hair and smile. He wasn’t smiling now.

 

“Nothing. Well, I mean, nothing too bad. It’s…it’s a long story, buddy. Seriously, though? You’re probably better off not getting involved with that family. They’re a special brand of crazy.”

 

Jim’s son turned to him in disbelief, his eyes haunted. “She’s not. Dad, you have no idea what it is like to sit across from her and not be able to…she’s everything, Dad, and she’s sitting right there and I can’t…you don’t know. You just don’t know.”

 

Jim glanced out the living room window to see his wife walking across the lawn. She noticed him looking and smiled up at him with a half-wave.

 

“I know..." he trailed off and turned back to the young man staring at him. "Listen. We will fix this. I’ll call her dad for you.”

 

“You will?” His voice betrayed hope and concern. “Do you think that will help?”

 

“Trust me, Jamie. I have a way with Dwight K. Schrute.”

 

 



nqllisi is the author of 87 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked No Idea also liked 460 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans