- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I've been entertaining the idea for this story for a long time, but I'm just now inspired to put fingers to keys and make it happen. I love reading about the Jim and Pam saga from an outsider's point of view. This one is from Jim's mom, who I'm assuming has a close relationship with her grown children. Also, according to the Office universe in my head, Jim's dad's name is David and he's a former U.S. Marine. Other character names in the story are taken from spoilers for an upcoming episode, Employee Transfer, so if you're completely unspoiled, come back and visit us in a couple of weeks. This is not an epic story, folks, very short chapters with just a wee bit 'o angst, but I hope you enjoy nonetheless.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of NBC and Greg Daniels. No copyright infringement is intended. If I owned Jim and Pam, this would’ve happened already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I have waited for this day for a long time.

I honestly started to wonder if it would ever arrive.

My three beautiful boys, now grown men, lined up at the altar, looking incredibly handsome, although I’m probably a little biased. My husband to my right, sniffling a little and trying to hide the fact that there are tears in his eyes. He won’t admit it, but he’s been waiting for this day, too.

I’ve experienced a similar scene once before, in the same church, a few years ago at Tommy’s wedding. My sons were standing in a different order then -- Tom in front, incredibly nervous and so happy all at once. His Best Man, Jim, beside him, the tallest of the three, smiling but looking slightly uncomfortable, as he usually does. And Peter, behind his brothers, who couldn’t seem to restrain himself from ogling a bridesmaid who was standing across the aisle.

But today is different. Not only has this day has been a long time coming, it has been a tough, messy road for everyone involved, not just my son and soon-to-be daughter-in-law.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans