77 [Reviews - 196] Printer ePub eBook
Past Featured StorySummary: The title says it all.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Drabble, Drunk Pam/Jim, Fluff, Inner Monologue, Romance
Warnings: Adult language
Series: None
Chapters: 13 Completed: No
Word count: 24931 Read: 65696 ePub Downloads: 4
Published: November 17, 2008 Updated: March 09, 2009
[Report This]
Story Notes:
I never really have ideas for epic Jim and Pam stories, more little oneshots and drabbles. This will be the place where I can share those. The title's appropriate, because I don't know that I'm the one to provide you with the drama that some of our more talented writers here provide. There's no timeline on this, no structure; some stories will be happy, some not...the only thing I know is that they will all involve Jim and Pam. I don't know how often I'll update. It's all pretty free form. With all that said, I hope you enjoy! As always, endless thanks to Dundie All-Star, who has been championing this idea for a looooong time.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

1. It Worked For Han And Leia by Little Comment [Reviews - 21] 4 (1646 words)
This contains a reference to my story The Date, and the title refers to an epic scene from The Empire Strikes back, that was then epically mirrored in Return of the Jedi, because that, my friends, is how I roll. ;)

2. The Courage To Fail by Little Comment [Reviews - 15] 2 (1291 words)
My husband hated the end of "Business Trip," proclaiming Pam threw in the towel and said eff it, and that all the growth we'd seen in the past few seasons was thrown out the window. This is my attempt to explain why I disagree. I know "writers" aren't supposed to tell you when something's personal, but screw it - this one is. :)

3. Just When You Think You Got A Hold by Little Comment [Reviews - 8] 1 (1260 words)
Upon hearing about this idea, Mr. Comment said he wasn't sure of the point. So I thought about it and attempted to focus it. Upon hearing the focused version, Dundie All-Star told me it was good. So I wrote it. That's why I love them both. :)

This starts in the fall of 2005, and the title's from OK Go's "Here It Goes Again."

4. Hypothetically, Mind You... by Little Comment [Reviews - 9] 1 (483 words)
This is the closest I will ever get to writing about Jim and Pam having little ones. Ever. And that's for the best - honestly, there are people far more qualified than I to handle that topic. But I offer you this, and do hope you enjoy - and not hypothetically.

5. The Dangers of Drunken Channel-Surfing by Little Comment [Reviews - 16] 7 (2012 words)
Apologies in advance for the terrible title. Anyway, this is so stupid, and yet I like it, and more importantly have wanted to write it forever. Special thanks and a li'l shout-out to Cousin Mose, because he gave his okay and because he's cool. Also my own Mr. Comment, who found a song better than the one I'd always thought got the win.

6. Nothing Hurts Like Your Mouth by Little Comment [Reviews - 23] 9 (5205 words)
Okay, so, wow. I've covered fluffy firsts; I'd be remiss if I didn't try my hand and the dreaded *dun dun DUN* FIRST FIGHT. This was tough, because I put myself in each of their mindsets and man...sustaining that feeling on purpose is probably not healthy. There were a lot of standards I set for myself here, but I'm not gonna bore you with them (plus I get a bit irritated with writers that overexplain the work before it's even read). Just know I did my best to make it real, as I do with all my Pim stories. Oh yeah, and in my mind "Fun Run" took place on a Thursday, as I like to think that's just the type of thing Michael would do - not have it on a Friday. Please don't throw garbage at me.

Special thanks to Dundie All-Star for being my sounding board and making me think about my choices (which I'm fine with). ;) And Mose, hope this isn't too rainbow-and-farty for you. ;)

No Mr. Comments were harmed during the writing of this fan fiction. Title from Bush's "Mouth."

7. Give Her Effervescence - She Needs A Little Sparkle by Little Comment [Reviews - 11] 2 (1111 words)
Oh my, the response to that last chapter was bananas - b-a-n-a-n-a-s!

Yikes. But seriously, a humble thank you.

This is just an angsty little nugget set in s2, perhaps between "Michael's Birthday" and "Drug Testing." Inspired by a Sarah McLachlan lyric*, a terrible Disney Channel movie I'm still not sure why I sat through (scared? you wouldn't know if I hadn't shared...why did I share, anyway...?), and the song from which the title comes, Blur's "End of a Century" (very Pam/Roy/Jim, IMHO).

---
* if you were curious, from "Do What You Have To Do" - Deep within I'm shaken by the violence of existing for only you...

8. *blush* by Little Comment [Reviews - 19] 10 (1285 words)
This is a hardcore, explicit sex chapter, of a graphic nature the likes of which MTT has never seen before.

Oh God, I'm clearly kidding. It's five times Jim and Pam get embarrassed. C'mon, guys, this is me. (Sorry if I got your hopes up.) ;)

9. Carved In Stone by Little Comment [Reviews - 23] 12 (2497 words)
I'm not sure I'll ever get this chapter to be what I pictured in my mind, but I'm more or less pleased with the result. Let me know if I got it right.

Spoilers for "Weight Loss." But really, if you don't know that spoiler, why are you reading fan fiction? Get to NBC.com! ;)

10. Jimmy Says It's Fine - He Don't Consider It Cheating Now by Little Comment [Reviews - 15] 9 (558 words)
Not going to even try and convince you this one's important. But I likes it. Also, I tried a new style - I was inspired by the brilliant co-authored works of Cousin Mose and Wendy Blue. They do it way better (twss), but it looked like such fun (TWSS) so I gave it a go and had a blast (TWSS hat trick!). ;)

Title adapted from The White Stripes' "Fell In Love With A Girl."

11. Flashes Of Mediocrity by Little Comment [Reviews - 8] 5 (1821 words)
I...I'm hesitant to say much of anything about this chapter. (Like I've told you, I hate overexplanation.) I'd say I'm not sure I got it quite right but last time I did a few of you gave me a good finger-wagging. ;) I'll just say I'm really interested to see your response. That'll tell me if I accomplished what I set out to here.

12. Envying The Brothers Gusenberg by Little Comment [Reviews - 12] 4 (2111 words)
The rumors of my death have been greatly exaggerated.

Hello! Hope you're all well. Sorry I was a bit MIA there - my inspiration apparently went on hiatus. But I'm back, thanks to an idea provided, then dittoed by my amaaaazing pals Wendy Blue and Dundie All-Star over at my LiveJournal. (Come join me if you're an LJ user, won't you? Thank you. Won't you? /Mystery Science Theater 3000 quoting) Endless thanks and tons of hugs, ladies! As our beloved show was on hiatus during *cue fanfare* Jim and Pam's first Valentine's Day, let's take a peek at what we missed, shall we?

Title refers to Peter and Frank Gusenberg, members of the "Bugs" Moran gang and two of the seven victims of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre of 1929. Don't get scared. ;)

13. "My parents have been fighting for weeks and...it kinda sucks. Jim's been great." by Little Comment [Reviews - 16] 11 (3651 words)

O hai! Im in ur MTT, updatin mah story.

So yeah, it's been awhile. How are you all?

This takes place just a bit earlier than "Stress Relief," and the title is something Pam says in that very episode (something that inspired this). This one took a lot of thinking about, and it's out of my comfort zone as I usually don't like to tackle family issues. But this idea's been haunting me for a month, so I hope it's worth the wait (and worth reading). Oh, and not that you won't figure it out, but a note: I'm not sure what the general concensus is out in fan fiction world, but here in LC's corner of the universe Pam's parents are named Carl and Linda. Hope that's acceptable. ;)