- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Michael wants to celebrate Thanksgiving.  That should be enough of a description for you. 
Author's Chapter Notes:

Michael wants to celebrate Thankgiving.  And there you go.  This is just a taste to set things up.  Also - I can't seem to write anything without some Jim and Pam fluffiness.  So sue me.

I hope you enjoy.

Don't own anything about The Office - or The Brady Bunch for that matter.   

xoxoxo

 

"Kiss me."

Jim turned to find Pam standing next to him.  He hadn't even heard her come in the kitchen.  He stopped stirring his coffee and gazed at her intently.

"Excuse me?"

She moved closer and tugged on his sleeve.  "I mean it.  Kiss me now.  Or tell me a joke.  Do something to remind me why I ever came back here."

Jim smiled, brushing his lips over hers.  Pam frowned as he pulled away.  He grinned wider, his eyes twinkling as he watched her.  "Sorry.  That's all you get until you explain further."

She huffed out a breath.  "Seriously?"

He shrugged in reply.

"So demanding.  Okay.  It's..."

The sound of the blinds clanging on the door cut Pam off.   Jim rubbed a hand over the small of her back as he turned his attention towards the door.

Michael stared at them sighing exaggeratedly.  "Hello lovebirds.  Get yourselves decent.  Conference room.  Pronto."

Pam pleaded at Jim with her eyes.   He laughed as he snagged her hand and led her through the door.  "C'mon.  I promise.  I'll remind you later."

xoxoxo

Michael stood in the front of the room wearing a feathered headdress.  "Giving thanks."  He began.  "It's one of our rights in the Constitution."

"It's not...really."  Jim scratched his chin as he shook his head.

"And so I think it's what we must do.  To celebrate Thanksgiving we are going to have a sort of pageant."

Kelly clapped excitedly.  "Yay!  I have the perfect gown."

"As if you'd have a chance."  Angela muttered under her breath.

"No.  Not that kind of pageant.  I'm talking about a Thanksgiving reenactment."

"Great idea."  Andy's eyes sparkled with excitement.  "I know everything about the first Thanksgiving, considering my family came over on the Mayflower."

Dwight rose and moved to stand next to Michael.  "Michael?  One suggestion.  The first Thanksgiving has been done before.  I propose we reenact a Thanksgiving held during the Civil War."

"I don't think so Dwight."

"I have to insist.  It's perfect.  We could use my farm.  I just happen to have a variety of muskets at my disposal."

Jim turned towards Dwight smiling widely.  "That's...shocking."

"No."  Michael shook his head vehemently.  "I was thinking of more of a Brady-esque Thanksgiving.   In honor of that - we'll be making a short film."

Pam pinched Jim's arm. 

"Ouch!"  Jim turned towards her, his expression a mix of shock and amusement.  "What was that for?"

"This is what I was talking about."  She sighed loudly.

"I have everything scripted."  Michael moved to the table and picked up a pile of papers.  "Pam will play Marcia.  Jim.  You'll be Greg."  He moved to hand Jim a copy but then pulled away quickly.   "Just remember that Pam's your sister now. Well...step-sister so making out is taboo.  Wait.  That might be kind of hot - actually.   Feel free to improvise."

He continued around the room, his voice rising in excitement.  "Angela will be Jan.  Not - like our Jan just...Jan as in Brady.  You're perfect.  Hair of gold.   Plus you've got her expression down.  That's called type-casting.  Speaking of which - Phyllis - you'll be Alice.  Kevin - you're Bobby.  Dwight - you'll be Peter..."

"Am I Cindy?"  Kelly asked expectantly.

"No.  Don't be silly."  Michael explained.  "Meredith is Cindy.  You'll be Pocahontas.  And Oscar? You can play...Pocahontas' brother."

She rolled her eyes and then stared at the paper he'd handed her.  "Michael. I'm not that kind of Indian."

"Question."  Jim raised his hand.  "Who will you be Michael?  Wait.  Don't tell me.  You're one of the Village People."

"No. Jim. I'm not.  I'll be directing.  And starring of course.  I might have a dual role - still hashing that out."  He cleared his throat and raised his voice an octave.  "I suggest you all start thinking about costumes.  We'll meet again tomorrow for a dress rehearsal - oh-nine-hundred hours.  That is all.  You are dismissed." 

Pam continued to sit still as the rest of the room emptied.  Jim nudged her with his elbow.  "C'mon sis.  Lighten up."

She tried to suppress her smile as she sighed.  "I know.  It's just...he's driving me crazy."

"This can't be news to you.  He always drove you crazy."

"It's worse this week somehow.  I never thought I'd say this - but I miss Jan."  

Jim moved to stand and Pam followed smoothing her skirt as she did. 

"Bite your tongue."  He scolded her with his eyes.  "It has nothing to do with Jan.  I think it's just that he really misses Holly."

"Enough so he's making me miserable?" Pam stared at the floor and shuffled her feet a bit.  She met his eyes again and sighed.  "I missed all that.  They were really great together huh?"

"A match made in...well...not heaven exactly but yeah."  Jim shrugged.  "He misses her.  I can't help but be a bit sympathetic to the guy."

Pam searched his face, her own annoyance dissipating as she considered Jim's explanation.  "Okay then.  I guess now we have to work on our costumes."

"There's the spirit.  I'm thinking we search the attic.  I'm guessing the carpeting is not the only thing in the house leftover from the seventies."

She smiled widely as she followed him out the door.  "I'm pretty sure you're right."


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans