- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This was written for a challenge of LiveJournal. Written with the time limit of 15 minutes and the prompt of 'catastrophe'

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Jim hated that he told her, but he was glad it was out in the open finally. Pam had just watched him for a moment, shell shocked, before telling him that she couldn't. He understood that, even sort of expected it because what he was asking of her was just too insane.

Wait, he hadn't expected anything of her, not really. He was happy with her just knowing how he felt and it didn't really matter to him what she said either way, at least that's what he told himself after he walked away from her in the parking lot. She looked so beautiful in that dress and her eyes were twinkling from the overhead lights. He wiped his tears with his hand and wondered how the hell he could recover from the catastrophe this night had become.

He cursed himself the further he got from her, angry that he hadn't worded it different so he could deny it later. He had skillfully avoided the whole Booze Cruise admission to Michael by telling Pam about it first and saying that the crush had long been over, but he didn't know how he could work his way out of this one without leaving some damage in his wake.

He sat in the warehouse watching Dwight and Angela try to be casual, acting like they weren't dating. Jim could see it in Dwight's eyes, all he wanted was to hold Angela. As off putting as the union between them was, Jim understood Dwight in that moment and recognized himself in it. That realization sent a shudder through his body. He, like Dwight, only wanted one thing in that moment and that was to touch the woman he loved.

Jim stood and made his way up to the Dunder Mifflin offices, having seen Pam head that way when she came back in from the parking lot. He stood in the lobby for a moment, hearing Pam talk to someone on the phone. For a moment he thought it might've been Roy, but Pam's tone was far too fragile for it to be Roy on the other end.

He let her words fade away as he took the steps towards her, not caring that she had hung up on the person she had been talking to. He was a man on a mission.

He saw the uncertainty in her eyes and did his best to keep it from feeding his own nerves. In a blur, his mouth was on hers and she was leaning into him. It felt right, like it was how the world was supposed to be. He didn't care about what would happen after their mouths parted. If this was the end of his relationship with Pam, so be it. At least it would be a beautiful disaster.

The End



AbMo is the author of 1 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans